Milwaukee Digital Inspection Camera

Anyone ever use this thing? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001AOVBK8/...SIN=B001AOVBK8

Does it actually work and does it hold up in the field?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthingt View Post
    Anyone ever use this thing? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001AOVBK8/...SIN=B001AOVBK8

Does it actually work and does it hold up in the field?
    I have used a testo brand inspection camera. Rather durable except for the tip. Tip can't stand the heat. I don't remember actual spec, but tip was rated for low temps only, definatley a downside.

Very useful tool, got one free with a combustion analyzer. Good picture quality, lighting and clarity.

I have the Ridgid see snake, and I find it very useful.

Very useful tool
    Thats what I was thinking while peeking down some duct work looking for/finding obstructions via disconnecting duct work, uggg

Could have used one of these, popped in a small hole, looked in with the camera and patched her up with a knock out plug.

For some reason I thought these things were 11 million plus, but actually there only a few bones...

was at the local tool supplier at the end of the year looking to blow some dough prior to year end. bought some sawzalls, cordless hammer drills, that sort of stuff. they had a package with an 18 volt cordless hammer drill and this little gadter, so i bought it. the inspection camera was free. it hasnt been out of the box yet though. still riding around in my truck waiting for one of the guys to have a need for it.

I've got the ridgid see snake too.

Nice tool, more useful than I had expected.

But I have two complaints:

first, The angled mirror you can put on the head to look 90 is blinded by the LED lights and is useless.

Second, you can't adjust the focus.

Still, I'd rather have it than not have it.
    Ryan
    Maintenance Guy
    -----------------
    naysayer, skeptic, conspiracy theorist

See Snake from Ridgid here too. Excellent tool. Inspection cameras are one of those new must have tools if you ask me. Makes things so much easier, and sometimes makes it easy to see what you would never have been able to before.

Sort of what I was going to do with a digital pinhole camera, a car backup camera and a car backup display from EBay.

In the end I just picked up a USB camera which I will just plug into a laptop. A little bit bigger in size but I am not as interested in drilling a hole in a duct but seeing around or over one.