Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Originally posted by Diceman
    Originally posted by itsamine
    Just got back from the movie. What they did to him was just wrong.
    Geeeeeeeeeeee, ya really think so?
    Thanks for the insight.
    And you thought your pecker snipping hurt?
    Glad to see you got the simley face working for ya.

[Edited by itsamine on 03-07-2004 at 08:10 AM]
    Not what it use to be

When I was in the Navy we were over at the holy land. Well anyway I went on a tour on where we saw where the last supper was eaten. We walked the same path as Jesus did with the cross. Seen where Juhdas hung himself and where Jesus came back to life. That was some strong sh!t. I almost forgot how strong it was until I seen the movie last night.
    Not what it use to be

Talking

Hey, I need that smiley face, lots of people think I'm serious and want to hunt me down.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

You should worry

Goat meat is expensive,

I just got this e-mail. It tells of some people who showed the film to Muslims overseas.
    This really shocked me.

I saw the movie with my wife. She kept asking the question; "How could Jesus love me so much as to endure so much pain?"
    Not here precise words, but you got the idea.
    At one point, I was ready to take her outa there. It was just so ... moving. We stayed til the end.
    I cant get it outa my mind.

Jesus never fought back.

Here is that e-mail.

Passion Movie Released In Middle East

=======

'The Passion of the Christ' has been released in several nations in the Middle East. Prayer News Alert forwarded two interesting reports from Qatar and Kuwait and calls to prayer for the global release of the film, that many additional Islamic nations will allow the movie to be released without censorship.

REPORT FROM QATAR:

To everyone's shock and surprise, 'The Passion' was released today here in Qatar. Until now we have only been able to show the Jesus film in Arabic to a handful of Qataris in the secret of a home setting. In the coming weeks, potentially tens of thousands of Arab Muslims will see this powerful portrayal of Christ's suffering and death. In two short hours, more Qataris heard the Gospel than I have been able to reach in nearly five years of living here.

The Arabic subtitles were completely accurate - they didn't water anything down or change any language that Muslims would not agree with. All of us watched the film in absolute amazement in what God had done. The Muslims sitting around us were being moved - gasping, crying and reacting with disgust to the brutality that Jesus faced.

Now - if you have heard anything about why the Arab Muslims would want to see the film, you know that it is because they 'heard' it was anti-Jewish and since they hate the Jews, they want to see it. How interesting that God is using this film to communicate the Gospel and the very opposite spirit that might be motivating them to go and see it. The message to love your enemies, and Jesus praying for them to be forgiven while on the Cross would hit the Muslim theatre-goer in a powerful way.

REPORT FROM KUWAIT:

The film is so popular here that they have been canceling the other films to show 'The Passion' in all the theatres at the cinema complex. I took a friend on the second night. The film was running in all three theatres. I would estimate that well over 50% of the people in the theatre were local Muslims including women completely veiled. You could see how this film had impacted everyone. On the second day, several of the local newspapers had the advertisement for the film on the frontpage.

It appears that even Saudi Arabia is getting a chance to see the film, albeit through pirated DVD's. There are no movie theatres in Saudi Arabia anyway. God knows what He's doing. I was just reminded what the Apostle Paul writes: "It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. The latter do so in love. The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely. But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way (e.g. pirated DVDs) the true Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice". (Philippians 1:15-18)

The release was very timely. The killing of Palestinian Hamas leader Sheikh Ahmad Yassin happened the morning after the film was released. The Arab response has been a whole new wave of hatred for the Jews, which was illustrated in a large public demonstration/march yesterday. At a time when the urge for Muslims to hate has been renewed, the Lord has brought 'The Passion' telling them - 'No, love your enemies! Forgive them!' The contrast is staggering.

[Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat watched 'The Passion of the Christ' at a private screening in the West Bank city of Ramallah, and made a positive statement about it.]

Just today a couple of local women asked me, "Do you have the New Testament in Arabic? Me and all my friends want to read it!" Another asked about where to get the Arabic Bible on the internet. This has never happened! The film is generating so much interest in Jesus and the Scriptures. Every Christian we are talking to seems to have a story of two just like this one. May it continue to increase.

There have been several articles in the paper, all positive and surprisingly silent in terms of emphasizing the Islamic belief that Jesus did not die on the cross. People are talking about wanting to go and see it. Pray that many would watch this movie and that it would spark an interest and hunger to know more of Jesus and the Bible. Pray that hearts would be drawn by the love of Jesus. Pray that believers would make the most of this opportunity to talk with their friends, to be available for those who will be impacted by what they see.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Copyright 2004 Strang Communications Co.

[Edited by R12rules on 04-12-2004 at 08:14 PM]

Senior Tech Guest

The Video

is out.......left me wanting more at the end, absolutely will forever be etched in my mind though, makes you want to scream for mercy for him...

mary and jesus are in the koran @ 35 times.
    you christians should know how the muslims see jesus,
    he was a man
    he was a prophet of allah
    so was moses
    so was muhammad
    and eventually the jews and christians will see the light and come to allah.

all the bible thumping on this thread and so few know anything else or where their stories fit into the rest of the worlds stories.

and if you are talking about that "tomb" of jesus,where he was buried.that is fanciful at best.

jesus,the jew was buried like all other jews at the time in a nameless stone cavern.along with thousands of other jews.

the romans destroyed the city in 70ad.

along comes constantine in 300 something,arbitrarily saying one of those nameless tombs was that of jesus.
    there was no evidence of any kind.
    since than several sagophogi have been built aroud it.and the tourists come and pray.

they are not even sure of where the city walls of the time were.nevermind his grave.that is faith,huh.

No, rrmember, that has nothing to do with faith. Do you thik that real faith is blind? It is not.
    God (Jesus) proved Himself through His fulfillment of over 3,000 prophecies. He further proved Himself by way of Mosaic Law. He also proved Himself by His miracles. If you choose to write them off as something they are not, so be it. You'll just have to answer for that sooner or later. But don't ever say you were not warned. Don't ever say you were not told.

If I turn out to be wrong, you can say, "I told you so," and I'll be unable to retort. But if I'm right (and I am) then you will NOT be able to say, "Nobody told me."

Faith? Well, listen to this. When your mom told you things, why did you believe her(assuming you did)? Because she proved herself to not be a liar. You learned you could trust her. You learned to have faith in her because she backed up her words with actions. It's the same with God. He has always backed up His words with actions. Every single prophecy about Christ up to but not including the "catching up in the air" has come to pass. There are over 3,000 of those prophecies, as I've already said. No, I won't list them. Go look for yourself. Challenge...prove Scripture wrong. Men much brighter than you have tried and have come to a saving knowledge of Christ. Why don't you become the first to prove them wrong?

Your problem is, remember, is that you choose to be lost. You are choosing to spend eternity in hell. But that's OK. God has given you the right to choose that...because He loves you enough to not make you a robot. He loves you enough to make you His adopted son. He loves you enough to die in order to make that choice avavilable to you.

All that you post here will never change my mind and I'm sure all that I post won't change yours. That's up to the Holy Spirit to change your mind if it's not closed.

My conscience is clear. I hope yours is not.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Islam is a false religion. Mohammed was a liar.

Originally posted by woods mech
    Islam is a false religion. Mohammed was a liar.
    Hey you may have missed it on the other thread. When were you in the Seabees?

James I am currently in the Seabees. I'm a Utilitiesman Second Class Petty officer in Naval Mobile Construction Battallion 22.

Originally posted by woods mech
    James I am currently in the Seabees. I'm a Utilitiesman Second Class Petty officer in Naval Mobile Construction Battallion 22.
    Oh..O.K I asked because my uncle was the top Seabee at one time at the Pentagon. Admiral JP JONES. I think he left between 10 and 15 years ago

I finally watched The Passion on DVD a few days ago. Yes, it is very impactful...for believers. I would not subject this film to my Jewish girlfriend simply because as gory as it was she would not understand why.

While The Passion is a great visual aid for believers who may not fully comprehend the physical aspects of this trial it is not much as far as an evangelical agent.

The Jewish heirarchy in The Passion were depicted honestly as far as history depicts them. The Romans who were in charge of the brutal beatings would have been just the despicable pagan beings they were portrayed as. The Jews who were not part of those who wanted Jesus eliminated were depicted as quite mornful. So what's all the hoopdala about these different peoples being wrongly depicted?

Several unliikely converts were depicted to show the impact that Jesus had on others. Personally I was not thrilled witht the depiction of Jesus Himself. Then again, I could also have done without the bloodfest scenes of brutal torture.

I am glad I have seen the movie. I will not watch it again, for my own personal reasons. I do not however see anything depicted that should be considered morally offensive to anyone, believer or not.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast