Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    It sounds to me like this movie is accomplishing Mel Gibson's mission in doing it. Good for him!
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Thumbs up

I believe it will kickstart a long awaited revival.

Even tho the movie was in english subtitles you don't really miss anything. It's weird because normally I will not watch a subtitled movie because I bugs me to have to be reading all the time. However, this one isn't bad. It all depends on what you bring into the movie as to what your reaction will be. I saw myself in Judas, Peter, and the Romans that beat and nailed him to the cross. I guess thats why it was so emotional for me. I actually realized in a small part the cost of my sin. As a human I can never fully fathom the sacrifice that Christ made. One of my favorite authors said that the plan of salvation is a subject that men and angels will greatly desire to look into for eternity. By the way Christ was the real deal, He fulfilled every prophecy in the scriptures about the promised messiah. There is a prophecy in Daniel that tells the exact time of his baptism and death. This is why the Magi (wise men) came from the east with gifts because Daniel had instructed them what signs to look for before his death. There is much overwhelming proof of his being the Messiah it is not hard to believe. The problem is most people have never actually studied the subject for themselves and have not proved it to themselves. They have just listened to what some preacher has said or done what their parents have taught them. The Jewish people at Jesus' time had done the same thing and were expecting a temporal result in the Messiah's coming. God's plan was to make a way to save all mankind and not just stroke the egos of a few priests and overthrow the Roman rule over the Jews.

Since this film only cost 30 mil to produce, it should make a lot of profit, what is Mel going to do with it?
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Hmm the passion of the christ

was supposed to see it today,wife said noway,i can go by my self if i want,but i dont know if i could do this alone.my grandson said he would go but he's only 16,i dont know if he be any better than me,i'll have too think about it awhile longer,im still recovering from my military days.to much destruction,and brutality.
    if at first you dont succeed,then skydiving is not for you

For Christ's sake, literally, is there anything the French can't screw up? The country who's people first ate snails and produced a so-called Christian sect of all fag men known as the buggerers is now banning a movie?

Can anyone explain the French?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Did the two thieves have to carry their own crosses? Were they brutalized in a like manner? If they had had lethal injection in those days would the symbol for Christianity be a syringe instead of a cross?
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Originally posted by ozone drone
    Did the two thieves have to carry their own crosses? Were they brutalized in a like manner? If they had had lethal injection in those days would the symbol for Christianity be a syringe instead of a cross?
    You might find out through secular history whether the 2 theives had to carry their crosses...probably did...but the story is not about them.
    They were probably not brutalized like Jesus because Pilot, by scourging Him, was only trying to quiet down the crowd calling for His crucifixion. Pilot tried to release Jesus because their was no Roman law broken that called for crucifixion. The theives had already been sentenced to crucifixion.
    The 3rd question is moot because Jesus' life was foretold in the scriptures of the Old Testament. He was to be in that place, at that time because, among other reasons, (my opinion) of the preciseness of the Greek language which was pretty much the universal language of the day, something like English is today. The New Testament (Gospel of John through Revelation), for the greatest part was written in Greek.
    By the way, the EMPTY cross is the symbol of Christianity in that it represents that, while He died, He arose victorious over the death, hell, and the grave, offering the same to all who will believe. Every religious leader's bones are still in their graves. Jesus' tomb is empty!
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

If they have had cell phones would they have used them? If..if... if....

I know my last question looks to be "smart ass" but it was not intended to be that, really was just wondering aloud. as for the thieves I know its not about them...just wondering if all the condemned were subject to the brutal excess Jesus endured, or did they want to make an example Jesus because of his supposed blasphamy?
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

I think after having nails driven though your hands and feet, the dragging the cross part would have been a cake walk.

I know my last question looks to be "smart ass" but it was not intended to be that, really was just wondering aloud. as for the thieves I know its not about them...just wondering if all the condemned were subject to the brutal excess Jesus endured, or did they want to make an example Jesus because of his supposed blasphamy?
    Pilot had hoped that the scourging would placate the Jews in their demand to crucify Jesus. When that did not work, Pilot "washed his hands" of the affair and gave in to their demands. By the way, Old Testament law called for the death penalty for any mere man who claimed to be God. In that sense, they were justified except for the fact that Jesus was more than mere man...His is God.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast