Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    well...... i dont believe in christ so i guess i have really no reason to see this film

Don`t go see it.

I don`t believe in Aliens but I watched Close Encounters.

That has nothing to do with liberals.
    Or this thread either.
    Actually Christ was killed in the name of religion, as a heretic, in case you missed that.

Whether you believe he was God or even in God for that matter, he certainly had an impact on the world. For that reason alone it is worth seeing, but no kids or squeemish should go.
    It's not a movie you will likely watch more than once, I know I ain't.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Talking

Not what James said, the other guy, before him.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Talking

Originally posted by Diceman
    Learn to use the quote button. Liberals can do it if they try. Or we could get some Gov funds to teach you how.

Talking

You really don't belive in Aliens?????
    Close Encounters is one of my favs.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

YOU SUCK

Originally posted by James 3528
    Originally posted by Diceman
    Learn to use the quote button. Liberals can do it if they try. Or we could get some Gov funds to teach you how.
    JAMEZES>>> you dilbert

Jesus died on the cross because He was destined to do so. As a man, He could have stopped it. Jesus willingly chose to complete the task put forth by God the Father who was also in Jesus. The brutal pain and degredation were all experienced by Jesus the man.

I have not seen this movie and will wait to see it in the comfort and safety of my home. I got the feeling that Mel Gibson did this movie as a dramatic reality check for those who do not fully understand the horror of what Jesus endured in His crucifixion. We can repeat the words thousands of times "Jesus was crucified, died and was resurrected" without understanding what the crucified part entailed.

From the "Making of" that I watched on this movie the only thing I can see that might irratate me is some of the influence that is Catholic hype such as Mary Magdelene being a prostitute. If it is not strictly biblical I will become wary of it.

Most of the people involved with this film have stated that this is not a film to entertain the audience. It is a film intended to hit home the sacrifice of our Lord and Saviour.

Kinda neat that the actor playing Jesus's initials are J. C. and that he is 33 years old, the age at which Jesus was crucified. His surviving getting struck by lightning on the set is kinda interesting too.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

the passion of the christ

well i wont go and see it,theres too much brutality in these times.my wife told me that it was bad,her friends went to see it.i like mels movies,but seeing stuff like that just upsets me alittle,let alone christ did take all are sins with him,for that i try not too sin,thanks for the indepth review though.
    if at first you dont succeed,then skydiving is not for you

The Today show is featuring Columbine High School including film that more people watched from 8 to 80 eating breakfast than will watch this movie any time soon .

Originally posted by R12rules
    My wife and I are invited to view the film this week in California.
    Last night my family watched the making of the film.

Just the anticipation of the scurging scenes, let alone how brutal the cross itself was ...

I just know this film is going to have a deep impact on my family.

When I realise what Jesus went thru, how deeply He suffered .... for all of our sins .... it places us all on equal ground for standing before Him.

A sinner like yourself is equal to the sinner I am. And that, my man, takes to pride out a guy whenever he thinks he is just a little bit better than his fellow man.

Frankly though, I am not looking forward to what this is going to do to me inside.

I have read or listened to the medical accounts of how they investigated the Bible story of the death of Jesus. It was by the AMA.

Everying in the Biblical account was confirmed as possible and probable. The only part they made comment on was the fact that it is humanly impossible for anyone living today, or then, to have survived what Jesus went thru.

How do you repay someone for going thru what He went thru for me? For you?

How does someone demonstrate their thankfulness for the free gift of Salvation?

I do understand how some cults believe you gotta earn your salvation by doing good works. They feel guilty. And they have no means of repayment of the debt they owe God.
    If they knew Him, they would know it's free for the asking. No strings attached! No contracts to sign! No fine print!

All He ever asked for is my heart. And with my heart ... what do I withhold from Him?
    Since He freely gave of Himself in such a manner as this film exposes ... how can I possibly hold back on Him?

I fear coming unglued in the theatre. If it was just Steven Segahl up ere duking it out with the bad guys ... I know that didnt really take place. And besides ... Steven always walks away after each episode. He wins by defeating the villans.

But this really happend! It took place 2000 years ago, but it might as well have been just last week. It was real.
    Well said, that's the same way I feel and the same expectations I have when I go to see it this afternoon.

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Jesus died on the cross because He was destined to do so. As a man, He could have stopped it. Jesus willingly chose to complete the task put forth by God the Father who was also in Jesus. The brutal pain and degredation were all experienced by Jesus the man.

I have not seen this movie and will wait to see it in the comfort and safety of my home. I got the feeling that Mel Gibson did this movie as a dramatic reality check for those who do not fully understand the horror of what Jesus endured in His crucifixion. We can repeat the words thousands of times "Jesus was crucified, died and was resurrected" without understanding what the crucified part entailed.

From the "Making of" that I watched on this movie the only thing I can see that might irratate me is some of the influence that is Catholic hype such as Mary Magdelene being a prostitute. If it is not strictly biblical I will become wary of it.

Most of the people involved with this film have stated that this is not a film to entertain the audience. It is a film intended to hit home the sacrifice of our Lord and Saviour.

Kinda neat that the actor playing Jesus's initials are J. C. and that he is 33 years old, the age at which Jesus was crucified. His surviving getting struck by lightning on the set is kinda interesting too.
    Good post Robo. Everyone is saying it's very close to scripture.

Gibson gave Pilot a by in this film, though.
    That's why the the Jews are mad.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast