Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    When Mel was interviewed, he refused to discuss remarks his dad made. Remarks about how the Jews embellished the Holocaust and inflated the atrocities done to them.
    That added fuel to the fire over this movie's treatment of the Jews.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Wink

Well I'm originally from England and it's been clear for some time that Mel doesn't like us (Gallipoli, Braveheart, The Patriot). About time he upset somebody else!

When we went to see The Patriot, my wife told me to keep my mouth shut until we were a mile from the movie house, but in case somebody recognized the accent!!
    LN

Yeah, it is a pretty tough movie to watch huh Spotts??

Ya know, I finally realized..... I don't know WHY they did all that to him. Never studied the bible or listened to folks preachin'. Not even when I was a kid. So all I saw was this guy who most folks like alot getting the **** kicked out of him. I needed the movie before this one to know what was going on. I really do hope he makes a prequel.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Re: Yeah, it is a pretty tough movie to watch huh Spotts??

Originally posted by spotts
    Ya know, I finally realized..... I don't know WHY they did all that to him. Never studied the bible or listened to folks preachin'. Not even when I was a kid. So all I saw was this guy who most folks like alot getting the **** kicked out of him. I needed the movie before this one to know what was going on. I really do hope he makes a prequel.
    Jesus or Mel Gibson?

either one.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Too bad you missed the show on ABC about the historical background of that day. During Passover many people flocked to Jerusalem. It was important to keep peace and the crowds down. Ceasar had experienced trouble there before and instructed Pilot to keep the peace at any cost. So Jesus shows up, flips over tables and preaches to the crowds. To make an example of him, he was crucified.
    Ciaphas readliy goes along with it, as his job as local Jewish representative demanded.
    Pilot was a bloodthirsty leader, as were all Romans in those days.
    Lets face it, people were cruel and still are. Look at the ancient rulers, Mongols, Romans, English, and what we did to the indians.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by larnot
    Well I'm originally from England and it's been clear for some time that Mel doesn't like us (Gallipoli, Braveheart, The Patriot). About time he upset somebody else!
    You're S.O.L. pal...they just found another Dead Sea Scroll that says Pontius Pilate's mother was a Druid Pict from your Island.
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Originally posted by ozone drone
    Originally posted by larnot
    You're S.O.L. pal...they just found another Dead Sea Scroll that says Pontius Pilate's mother was a Druid Pict from your Island.
    LMAO!

Talking

Damn English....
    Hey, as someone with a good amount of Irish blood in me....................ok....... I'll cut ya a break.
    For now.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Smile

Aha, so maybe Mel's next pic will be called "The Passion of Pontius Pilate's Patriotic Paternal Pict"? Would that 'P' everyone off??
    LN

No...

I hear he's doing a remake of the Patriot" In this one he kills more British and lays the Queen.

Originally posted by motorboy1
    What concrete evidence do you have to support that Jesus was in fact a real person? The bible doesn't count because it is a work of fiction so try something else, OK?
    So how the F@#$ would you know??

What concrete evidence do you have?

Prove it!!

Re: No...

Originally posted by James 3528
    I hear he's doing a remake of the Patriot" In this one he kills more British and lays the Queen.

With that smug look she keeps on her face I for one believe she could use one.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast