Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast
    2 hours of the most intense brutality I have ever seen.
    Hard to watch. The cruelty of the Romans is only equaled by the blood thirstyness of the Jews. Not sure of Gibson's point here, unless man's inhumanity to man needs to be etched in our minds till we wise up. Hopefully some day we will.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

The Jews are upset about it

Have heard that it is by the book(Bible).

My wife thinks

I need to see it so's I'll "believe" a little better. Sounds gory, I'll bet it freaks her out. I heard on the radio not to let little kids see it.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Did you actualy see it today, or are you going by the reviews? Would this movie be appropriate for my wife and I, or should I wait until video, when she can leave when she wants?
    Jason

Now why would I write that if I didn't see it?
    It's ugly, makes Shindlers List look like a Disney cartoon.
    It's not really inspirational, but then again, what happenned 2000 years ago wasn't either. Not till later on.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

My wife and I are invited to view the film this week in California.
    Last night my family watched the making of the film.

Just the anticipation of the scurging scenes, let alone how brutal the cross itself was ...

I just know this film is going to have a deep impact on my family.

When I realise what Jesus went thru, how deeply He suffered .... for all of our sins .... it places us all on equal ground for standing before Him.

A sinner like yourself is equal to the sinner I am. And that, my man, takes to pride out a guy whenever he thinks he is just a little bit better than his fellow man.

Frankly though, I am not looking forward to what this is going to do to me inside.

I have read or listened to the medical accounts of how they investigated the Bible story of the death of Jesus. It was by the AMA.

Everying in the Biblical account was confirmed as possible and probable. The only part they made comment on was the fact that it is humanly impossible for anyone living today, or then, to have survived what Jesus went thru.

How do you repay someone for going thru what He went thru for me? For you?

How does someone demonstrate their thankfulness for the free gift of Salvation?

I do understand how some cults believe you gotta earn your salvation by doing good works. They feel guilty. And they have no means of repayment of the debt they owe God.
    If they knew Him, they would know it's free for the asking. No strings attached! No contracts to sign! No fine print!

All He ever asked for is my heart. And with my heart ... what do I withhold from Him?
    Since He freely gave of Himself in such a manner as this film exposes ... how can I possibly hold back on Him?

I fear coming unglued in the theatre. If it was just Steven Segahl up ere duking it out with the bad guys ... I know that didnt really take place. And besides ... Steven always walks away after each episode. He wins by defeating the villans.

But this really happend! It took place 2000 years ago, but it might as well have been just last week. It was real.

Originally posted by Diceman
    Now why would I write that if I didn't see it?
    It's ugly, makes Shindlers List look like a Disney cartoon.
    It's not really inspirational, but then again, what happenned 2000 years ago wasn't either. Not till later on.
    Sorry, misread the first post.

Of course, not seeing the movie didn't stop everyone I've heard praising or condemning the movie for the last month.
    Jason

There was also a very good historical show on ABC last week about the death of Jesus. I liked it more than the movie though I will find it hard to forget Mel's flick.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

So, there really isn`t such a smooth way after all to depict getting your hands and feet nailed to a cross? Have not seen it but I understand it is the last 1/2 day of so in his life. Guess it did not start off with CNN, coffee, Special K and surfing the net.

Whats amazing

Is that Christ rose from the grave after his gruesome death. He took ALL the sins of the world upon himself that horrible day so that who believes is not condemmed but has everlasting life.

There is nothing to use. Statistically several people have died since the film opened going to it or driving home.

But James,

think like a liberal. It was religion that killed her.

Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast