Tracer Summit License

Is it possible to Transfer Tracer Summit License from PC to Laptop.

Yes - you can as long as you have your authorization & locking codes. All you have to do is call Trane Controls registration and tell them you want to transfer the license from one computer to another

Thanks

We have authorisation and Locking codes.Do we need to contact local Rep or direct Trane.

You have to contract Trane, they will give you a new locking code for the new computer. I think you can still do it over the net.

1800tracer1 I think
    UA Local 141

Hey coldrig,

- Here you go call Factory Trane Controls Software Registration at 800-860-7909 this is the number I used for the exact same reason. They must deal with this kind of stuff everyday. They stepped through the whole re- registering process from one computer to next and were very friendly about it.

Take care, Chet

Calling Tech Support

Guys, if you do not work for Trane, you can't just call tech support. The auth code will need to be released. It does just take a phone call but you are going to have to make a local phone call.

M 100 Tech is right this changed a few years ago the end user can not contact Tech support direct any more too many people trying to register more than one computer per licensed copy. If you contact your local sales office most will send off an e-mail at your request to reset the locking code without a visit from a technician this can only be done once or twice a year. if a site visit is necessary(I'd recommend having a site visit because if you break it you are responsible if they break it it is theirs and you will get the latest SP) the whole process should not take more than a couple hours.