Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fan shuts down

fan shuts down

i have a 23 yr old bryant heater,when it cycles on and off the fan shuts down too,shouldnt the fan run constantly till it reaches the desired temp,how can i fix this problem,i thought it was suppose to work that way

Quote Originally Posted by salv97 View Post
    i have a 23 yr old bryant heater,when it cycles on and off the fan shuts down too,shouldnt the fan run constantly till it reaches the desired temp,how can i fix this problem,i thought it was suppose to work that way
    The fan is supposed to shut down at the end of the cycle. If the heater isn't heating the house, then call an hvac contractor and have them check it out, or set the t-stat higher.

the fan shuts down every time it cycles every 3 or 4 minutes the fan should continue till it reaches the temp setting,right

the fan shuts down every time it cycles every 3 or 4 minutes the fan should continue till it reaches the temp setting,right
    Ok, I think I understand what you're saying now. The fan is short-cycling during a call for heat. Same answer though, you need to have it checked out by a qualified service tech. I could go over a couple of likely causes for that, but unless you're going to attemp a repair youself, that info won't be of much value to you, and unfortunately we can't provide DIY advice in this forum.

can you tell me a couple of things that it could be,thanks

can you tell me a couple of things that it could be,thanks
    I can only list two possible causes without providing DIY info. Those are plugged air filter and/or too many vents closed off. Have you checked the air filter? Do you have several vents closed off? The other items on the list would involve mechanical repair to the system, and because of that they would fall under the category of DIY, which again, is not allowed in this forum. HTH.
    Last edited by hvacrmedic; 01-15-2010 at 03:38 PM.

ok thanks,its not either of those two

If you cancel your call for heat will your fan run in the on position?

What kind of stat are you using? If it's mechanical it could be the anticipator adjustment.

Has it always done this? New house? You said "heater". Is that electric or gas furnace, or heat pump?

sounds like it's cycling on temp limit. Get a pro to find out why or if.

ANTICIPATOR
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

it has always done this

its a gas furnace,ive had 2 thermostats and its done them on both,the fan will run on on position,

are you saying the funace shuts down after running a few min. and not reaching your thermostat setpoint, and then cycles back on a few min. later?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast