Thumbs down stimulating low income weatherization?

I checked into Low Income Weatherization in Philly. Apparently, there are several MILLION people who would qualify but only a few hundred homes are being done annually around here. Why? You see, in order to get the contracts, you must be approved. Now, to qualify as a contractor, you must be a qualifying minority (which I'm not). Apparently, it is a crime for a WASP to perform weatherization on the needy. Now, not just any needy. These programs are only for qualifying minority needy. So, if you are not of the right skin color, you cannot even get the information to find out where to take the certification courses that would qualify you to perform this very important work but only for those qualifying minorities.

I guess this is their way of:
    a)discriminating who does the work
    b) discriminating who makes money off this work
    c) discriminating which employees can be allowed on site doing the work
    d) discriminating which homeowners benefit from this subsidy.

I have tried phone calls and emails both at the State and local levels and not one returned call or email.

I tried to contact the Pa College of Weatherization but they do not respond and have no classes scheduled! What? With all this stimulus, earth melting, tax credits for higher efficiency, you mean to tell me there are NO courses scheduled to get BPI certified? Explain THAT one to me.

Good ol' boys club.....

Welcome to the world of the ELIETEST LIBs...

Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

not sure about Philly but I live in Indiana. My company is certified. I am white. We are all white. We work on white people's houses.

are you people serious?? why is the federal government paying to weatherize any ones home??? the real crime is spending tax money on private property! wake up people.
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by smittyii View Post
    are you people serious?? why is the federal government paying to weatherize any ones home??? the real crime is spending tax money on private property! wake up people.
    Bingo. WE ARE THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.
    Governments don't tax to get the money they need, governments will always find a need for the money they get. Ronald Wilson Reagon

Born Again KA

Durham, NC was allocated $1M of the stimulus money for this crap. They are going to weatherize the low income homes to improve efficiency so these bums will have more of their welfare money to spend on crap.
    How tall are you Private???!!!!