Distech ECP-203 Output Question

I am having trouble getting a Distech ECP-203 GFX controller online. This is the first Distech programmable controller I have installed so I am not sure if I am doing something wrong. I have written a simple program to control a baseboard heater based on room temp. The program debugs perfectly and when calling for heat illuminates the output status LED on the controller itself. However, I am not getting any voltage from these outputs to close the relay. I checked the configuration of the hardware output, and the output is configured as "digital". I have used Circon, Echelon, and Viconics products before and never had an issue. What am I doing wrong here? Any ideas?

I have not personally used the controller you mentioned, but the first thing I would check is if the output is a "dry" contact, if so you will have to wire control voltage through the output.

kontrol out

For post 308 I give you:

http://www.gaprecision.net/

kontrol out again
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian View Post
    I am having trouble getting a Distech ECP-203 GFX controller online. This is the first Distech programmable controller I have installed so I am not sure if I am doing something wrong. I have written a simple program to control a baseboard heater based on room temp. The program debugs perfectly and when calling for heat illuminates the output status LED on the controller itself. However, I am not getting any voltage from these outputs to close the relay. I checked the configuration of the hardware output, and the output is configured as "digital". I have used Circon, Echelon, and Viconics products before and never had an issue. What am I doing wrong here? Any ideas?
    Which output are you using?

The triacs are not internally powered. You need to jump the 24VAC supply to the common of the output (or use a different 24V source). It allows you to use multiple transformers without dealing with isolation relays.

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian View Post
    Put 24VAC on C1 and connect a wire from DO1 to the coil of your relay if you use output 6 to 8 you must use a 12VDC relay

The Distech triacs are rated for 1A only. Typical you should only drive a 24VAC relay only. Don't be tempted to use the same 24V that powers the node. It's better to use a separate transformer. Also note that you need a load (relay) attached to a triac in order to read voltage. You won't read anything without some kind of load.

Duh ... yea. Note to self: Remember to check to see if the outputs are triac outputs or universal outputs. Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by eyeLON View Post
    It's better to use a separate transformer.
    Why?