+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 367891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Daikin D-BACS Interface

Post Likes
    Hi Andrew,

Lifesaver, thanks. I'll go try it now. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks again.

Post Likes
    No Probs

Post Likes

Problems

Hi Again,

I keep getting a 'cannot establish connection' message.

Is there a user guide, in the link you sent over?

Regards

Post Likes
    I've put the manual ion the folder now...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Taljaard View Post
    I've put the manual ion the folder now...
    Thanks again. All done. And handed over to BMS guys.

Post Likes
    Hi does anyone have the Daikin Dbacs software,( setupdbacs.exe and also setupms3.exe)
    I cannot get any assistance from Daikin support.
    Cheers

Post Likes
    Hey Guys,
    I am having a real hard time connecting to the Daikin D-BACS interface. It will not ping 192.168.0.1 and I just can't get any connectivity. The software will not connect and when I switch the unit on and off and monitor the network traffic the 192.168.0.1 appears briefly but then there's no more response from that IP address. I have tried everything and nothing works. Bloody typical as well that this needs to be demonstrated today ahhhhhhh

Appreciate any help at. TYIA

Post Likes
    It might have already been set up with an address, wireshark it and see if you can see it putting anything out with a different address.

Post Likes
    That's exactly what I did and its doing something really funny. When I first plug the cable in to my laptop the Daikin unit seems to hunt for an ipv6 address. Then, the default ip of 192.168.0.1 appears for two lines and that's the last I see of it. All very strange.

Post Likes
    anyone know if it is possible to extract the existing config csv from a DBACS to edit the BACnet point naming? How do you transfer a csv to the DBACS, all I can find in the manual is that I should 'transfer to the central control board electronically'

Post Likes
    I have a problems where the DBAC stops Ethernet communications after a few days to the Jace (both 600s in Ax in one job & in 8000 N4 another).
    The DBAC is "alive", but only a power reset with re-establish Ethernet communications.

I am plugged directly DBAC to the Jace with a crossover cable & I brought it in as "DAIKIN MasterStation III" as a BACNet device.
    Should I go through a unmanaged network switch with a patch cable?

Do I need to periodically write to the DBAC to keep communications alive?
    Right now I am just monitoring space temps.

Thanks
    Rich

Post Likes

Same issue here.

Quote Originally Posted by RJS_Controls View Post
    I have a problems where the DBAC stops Ethernet communications after a few days to the Jace (both 600s in Ax in one job & in 8000 N4 another).
    The DBAC is "alive", but only a power reset with re-establish Ethernet communications.

I am plugged directly DBAC to the Jace with a crossover cable & I brought it in as "DAIKIN MasterStation III" as a BACNet device.

Thanks
    Rich
    Did you ever find a solution?
    I'm having the same issue with a JACE 8000 on N4. They have just replaced the DBACS but if anything it's worse now and it has been going on for months.

Post Likes

Not Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by AlexM View Post
    Did you ever find a solution?
    I'm having the same issue with a JACE 8000 on N4. They have just replaced the DBACS but if anything it's worse now and it has been going on for months.
    I never found out the what & why, but it was confirmed by others on this board it is a real problem.
    A suggested work around is to wire the 24VAC power to the DBACS through a NC relay and tie it to a controllable output.
    I have a button on the GUI to reset the power manually, but I also set up the Status demux (fault- out) to a one shot to trigger it automatically.
    I haven't tried the automatic yet, but it should work.

Post Likes
    I never found out the what & why, but it was confirmed by others on this board it is a real problem.
    A suggested work around is to wire the 24VAC power to the DBACS through a NC relay and tie it to a controllable output.
    I have a button on the GUI to reset the power manually, but I also set up the Status demux (fault- out) to a one shot to trigger it automatically.
    I haven't tried the automatic yet, but it should work.
    Thank you. What an absolute piece of **** kit.
    For the price it should be bomb proof! And make tea when asked. I’m messing about with Adpu timeouts and poll times as a last attempt but at least it does seem to come back to life if I reboot (restart doesn’t work, only a reboot) the Jace via the platform so I can do that with a program rather than install relays and IO. On top of this the user interface thing Daikin literally just installed stopped working ... uses flash on its web pages. My least favourite manufacturer of this decade.

Post Likes
    Pretty much. I posted elsewhere the one we had that was dying worked in isolation, just our module talking to that panel worked fine. Put both on the customer network and it dies eventually. I’m speculating you could spend a bunch of time with captures and eventually find what it can’t deal with. But what would you do with such info?

Post Likes
    The DBACS was a pain and thankfully they no longer using them in my area on new systems. The last 3 Daikin systems I have integrated they have supplied the ITM with the BACnet Server Gateway license. Each VRV comes in as a separate device with it's own points instead all the points with **001/**002 in one device. They also added dual setpoint control. If the startup tech names/tags them correctly in the ITM it follows to bacnet, no need to know the DIII-Net link/address. If the ITM has rev2.06 or higher you can also see all the outdoor units which has status, press, temp, comp speed, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
    "The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"

Post Likes
    Well, this got interesting. Posting back to save someone else 6 months of fault finding.

It appears that between the DBACS and the JACE the auto negotiation for port speeds on the IP ports gets lost. Every now and again they end up with the DBACS insisting on switching down to 10 speed and not moving back to 100 speed. With an older AX JACE this causes issues every now and again but generally the JACE switches back to 10 speed and all is good, most of the time. On the newer JACE800 it appears that it will not switch unless you reboot or disconnect/reconnect the cable so when the DBACS decides it's moving back in time and refuses to switch back up to 100 speed you're stuck until you reboot or unplug it.

I've solved it by installing a small managed switch between the two and fixing the port connected to the DBACS at 10 speed. So far so good.

Thanks
    Rich

Post Likes
    I've solved it by installing a small managed switch between the two and fixing the port connected to the DBACS at 10 speed. So far so good.
    Not sure if it is the same underlying problem with JACE, but I've had a couple of Cisco switches refuse to communicate with a JACE 8. These were gigabit switch (also supported 10/100 megabit). The solution was to lock the port speed at 100 megabit.

Post Likes

Has this continued to work?

Well, this got interesting. Posting back to save someone else 6 months of fault finding.

It appears that between the DBACS and the JACE the auto negotiation for port speeds on the IP ports gets lost. Every now and again they end up with the DBACS insisting on switching down to 10 speed and not moving back to 100 speed. With an older AX JACE this causes issues every now and again but generally the JACE switches back to 10 speed and all is good, most of the time. On the newer JACE800 it appears that it will not switch unless you reboot or disconnect/reconnect the cable so when the DBACS decides it's moving back in time and refuses to switch back up to 100 speed you're stuck until you reboot or unplug it.

I have to ask, How has this worked to date?
    My previous method of remotely powering OFF the 24v to the DBAS, initially worked, but I am finding the time between resets has decreased.
    One of the DBACS seems to have lost its configuration, so now although "alive" in the JACE, there are only 5 BACNet objects discovered.
    The managed switch locked in @ 10m would be my next try.
    Rich

Post Likes
    Hallo peeps!

The information in this thread helped me to setup a Daikin D-Bacs DMS502B51 gateway from scratch and to troubleshoot multiple VRVs
    Many thanks to everyone here

The sofwares that helped me the most for setup and discovery were:

1. SetupBACnet v6.34
    2. Yabe
    3. Wacnet

The thing I have been unable to do and have no idea about is SCHEDULING.

I can't find the feature/software for it.

By scheduling, I mean to have D-Bacs switch the units ON and OFF based on calendar days or days of the week

Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks!
    Fundi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 367891011121314 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in