+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Daikin D-BACS Interface

Post Likes

Daikin D-BACS Interface

Does anybody know if the SetupMS3 software is available for an online download? I am also looking for the excel points list that can be configured and downloaded into the D-BACS.

Post Likes
    I assume you are using Lon Gateway?

Post Likes
    SetupMS3 is available, but you might want to add your email address to your profile so a good samariton could send it to you

I was under the impression that the D-BACS came pre-configured with bacnet points and it was just a case of configuring it to your system, but I'm no expert so don't quote me on that...
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Don't be a stupid dwarf. It's not big and it's not clever!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by picnik View Post
    SetupMS3 is available, but you might want to add your email address to your profile so a good samariton could send it to you

I was under the impression that the D-BACS came pre-configured with bacnet points and it was just a case of configuring it to your system, but I'm no expert so don't quote me on that...
    Picnik, we have an BACnet D-BACS interface that we are having issues with. The daiken rep came out and said that we have to tell the "master" unit what mode to be in. Does this sound right? Is setup MS3 difficult to navigate? What little bit I saw of it didn't seem to bad.
    "It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    There is no point configuration in the gateway. The excel file is for generating a points list including object IDs and instance numbers. This is typically useful for integrators who cannot autodiscover.

Xarralu, assuming you have a heat pump system, mode change command through the gateway will have to be sent to the unit designated changeover master. Mode change command will be ignored by units on the system which are not the master.
    Last edited by El Presidente; 02-26-2010 at 05:59 PM. Reason: typo

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by El Presidente View Post
    There is no point configuration in the gateway. The excel file is for generating a points list including object IDs and instance numbers. This is typically useful for integrators who cannot autodiscover.

Xarralu, assuming you have a heat pump system, mode change command through the gateway will have to be sent to the unit designated changeover master. Mode change command will be ignored by units on the system which are not the master.
    Thanks, El Presidente. Just needed someone else to say the same thing before I change all of the programs.
    "It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    You're welcome.

Post Likes
    Any chance of sending it to me too?

Post Likes
    Hey,

Picknik, I am also wondering if you can send me SetupMS3... I have had a terrible time getting an up to date version of this software. I currently have SetupDBACS.. It's basically the same as SetupMS3, though much older. The file version is 3.0.0.1, dated 2002.. Anyways, all I need the tool for is to change the BACnet IP udp port number to something other than 47808. I need to use 47811, and this old version of the tool doesn't support it. The current documentation states the need to use SetupMS3.exe I believe 6 > for this. My main problem is getting in touch with our Regional Daikin AC rep in New England. We have several Silver Daikin D-bacs we use to Integrate with BACnet. And have had much success, though I am running into problems using the Default ports on a few jobsites. Any help is appreciated, if you are unwilling to provide the Service tool, do you know who I would need to Call at Daikin AC for this tool? I work out of Warwick, Rhode Island USA..

Thank!

Steve

Post Likes
    Hi Steve

If you did not manage to find SetupBACnet send me an email to attach you the software.

Post Likes
    Hi Livaldi,

Thank you for responding, I have returned in a bit and didn't see your reply! I thought I had my settings set to e-mail when I watch this thread!

I'f you have an up-to-date copy of Setupdbacs.exe thhat would be great,

My email is: Removed E-mail Address

I appreciate your time! Thank you

Please put email in your profile
    Last edited by HeyBob; 01-21-2011 at 01:26 PM. Reason: See above

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ssorel View Post
    Hi Livaldi,

Thank you for responding, I have returned in a bit and didn't see your reply! I thought I had my settings set to e-mail when I watch this thread!

I'f you have an up-to-date copy of Setupdbacs.exe thhat would be great,

My email is: Removed E-mail Address

I appreciate your time! Thank you

Please put email in your profile
    ssorel,

Should you have you're email alert now setup, you need to place you're email address in your profile so people can contact you

Post Likes
    Hi steve

You will receive an email from sendspace. I attached all the documents and programs that i had for DAIKIN D-BACS.
    Hope that these will help

Post Likes
    hi to all
    im new to this
    does someone have the setup MS3 software they can email to me
    i am trying to discover the bacnet points on a DMS502B51 WITH A TRIDIUM jace 600
    using bacnet/ip, and it cannot discover this daikin box. perhaps it needs to be enable with this software
    Daikin dont know what im talking about?
    any help is much appreciated
    Stan

Post Likes
    Stan,

Can you ping the gateway but not discover points? Are you on a different subnet than the gateway? If so the gateway might have to be setup as a foreign device.

Pres

Post Likes
    yes i can ping it
    but it wont discover

Post Likes
    What IPs for the jace and the gateway? I'll send you the setup tool.

Pres

Post Likes
    Presidente, could you send the setup tool to me as well?
    thanks.

Post Likes
    amigo, check your mail.

Pres

Post Likes
    Gracias.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567811 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in