Post Likes

What's the physical layer of Trane BCU COMM3 COMM4 port?

One BMTW going down, and another BMTX still working. And BMTX just use a LONTALK port, so I plan to have a fibre-rs485 bridge the UCM (connecting to BMTW) to the BMTX.

First of all, I need to figure out the physical layer of COMM3 COMM4。

PS:the two old BMTWs are BMTW000BA0A04200A16000 ( with COMM4+COMM3) and BMTW000BA0A04000A17000 ( with COMM4).

Thanks a lot.

Post Likes
    RS-485 is the physical layer.

Is the BCU (bmtw) doing down, you mean failing? So you want to switch it to the BMTX? That will take lot of reprogramming also just FYI.

Post Likes
    Not sure what you're up to... but if I read this right... you have 3 BCU's... 1 is BMTW and the other two are BMTX... I would be shopping Ebay (or HVAC-Talk Control Sales area) for a used BMTX...

Post Likes
    yes, the BMTW havs been cleared the program or the database, for the 7-segment digit LED showing "-P". So, the reprogramming is need to be done.

The BMTX installed at the other building next to this building which have intranet, I'm going to buy two MOXA NPort 5630 to build up a RS485 bridge.