SquareD VFD and BACnet

Has anyone successfully integrated Altivar 61 drives with BACnet?

The factory guy spent all day on the phone with tech support and by days end was only able to get the drive to see the input reference at AV16? The Start/Stop command at BV10 is recognized but the drive does not respond to it.

I was not there at the end of the day but was told that the drive sees that Start/Stop command and responds with a '6'. The proper sequence is this should step to '7' and then 'F' to start the drive. I'm not sure what all this means as I am getting it second hand.

From our control system we can see all of the drive parameters, the issue is that the drive is not responding to any values whether sent from the program or set to manual in the drive parameters.

Any ideas?
    "Controls is a lifestyle not a job" -klrogers

http://www.global-download.schneider...t&L=EN&p=1422&

I'm sure you have it but heres the link to the Bacnet card manual.

Your problem is the drive is not responding, I ran into this issue when I did 6 of these Modus but if you look at page 23 of the manual, communication faults, and page 14 at tLP that is the communication timeout. I had to disable this fault to get the Modbus to work because we were not constantly sending a signal, the drive would comm fault and we had to reset it.

Here is the communication parameters manual(I know it says 71 but the 61/71 parameters are the same)

http://www.global-download.schneider-electric.com/85257563005C5254/all/C125713F005265E2C125720400364279/$File/atv71_parameters_manual_en_v6.pdf

Here is a link to the manuals quick reference for each comm option

http://static.schneider-electric.us/...072-451-27.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

>Start/Stop command and responds with a '6'. The proper sequence is this should step to '7' and then 'F' to start the drive.

Start/stop.....where the hell does 6,7 & F come into play.

Please pass along whatever that startup rep is smoken....

Thumbs up

I integrated 21 into a site last spring.(Jonnson NCE Bacnet MS/TP RS485 ) It was a pain in the a__. It took the rep 7 times to get them all online. There was a Bacnet master or slave address I think. I wil try and find my notes tomorrow.

Good Luck
    By the way they are POS and definately not a walk in the park to set up like ABB or Danfoss

orion, I don't remember the specifics but I saw the drives earlier this week. On the HMI when you monitor the communications there is a line that reads (I think) comm.......0006 when the drive is in the 'ready' state. When it receives an enable command at BV10 the value flashes quick and changes to 000F and the drive starts. Whether or not it steps through 0007 i could not tell, it may be happening pretty quick. When it steps to 000F the drive will start but not before that.

In any event, we got them running and they seem to be doing fine at this point.
    "Controls is a lifestyle not a job" -klrogers