Thread: PTAC troubles

PTAC troubles

hey guys. anyone ever have troulbles with a trane ptac not bringing on supply fan during defrost? i have lost 4 electric heaters and today found a board that did not bring on fan while unit was in defrost. they are model-PTHE1201UABA with an inncom t-stat. wondering if compatability issues with t-stat and unit.The t-stat was calling for fan to be on.24v at gh. Trane hints at it but wont say yes or no. we have installed 250-300 of these in 3 hotels and wondering if this is gonna snowball. thanks for any help!

Chris

We had a Friedrich Model # PH15K5SB - 3 Serial # LCCP01172, that was doing the same thing. It wasn't in the board, was a bad selector switch. We replaced the switch, Electric heater, fans and part of the fan assembly.

The reason I'm bringing this up, when you have a Trane, is I've since seen units with the exact same cabinet design, with two other manufactures badges on them. One of the badges was Bryant, don't remember the other brand.

we dont have an selector switches on these. just at t-stat. trane is "investigating a board and t-stat that i replaced." it was made by heyer (??spelling) and trane put name on it. thanks for info!