Tracer Summit and Generic LON

I need to add some fan coils to an existing Tracer Summit. Just wondering what problems to expect if I use controllers other than Trane. I am considering maybe Circon SCC-300-FCC or Distech. Just wondering how plug ins are launched or if they even can be. I have never tried to install any generic LON devices other than things like RIB LON relays on the com 5 link.

Any advice or comments is appreciated.

You cannot launch any non Trane plugins from Summit or Rover. You will have to set them up and then pull them into Summit as generic lon device. From there you need to create analog and binary points bound in summit to the generic snvts on the lon device. It is not really bad to do but expect some issue.

If the device follows the SCC profile then you dont have to add them as generic, you can just install them like any Trane SCC device. The will come in with a generic scc graphic. That way they show up on the tree and you dont have to build custom points. They will have an editor in summit just like a trane scc and you can get most points from them.

Thanks Scroo/Dave thats what I wanted to know. I was curious whether I would be able to use a graphic and map the points. Not much if any peer to peer com required. The Circon SCC-300-FCC is SCC profile #8501. Any thoughts on the SCC panels from Circon?

circon makes pretty solid controllers.
    Now that they have downsized, and hopefully just sticking to the basics, they should do well.