+ Reply to Thread

Thread: sit-820 nova mv convertion to propane

Post Likes
    I am looking for information about converting a sit-820 nova mv from natural gas to propane. Do I need a new valve? I have just moved and have 3 Majestic direct vent fireplace and need to convert.

Thank for any help.
    Laney

Post Likes
    Check the local dealer or distributors.
    I just got a conversion kit for a DVRT36 from NG to LP, however, for a NVC36RN they want me to ship the burner back to the factory to convert it to propane.

Post Likes

Unhappy ng to lp convertion

Went to local dealer they told me there wasen't a kit offered by Majestic. I am looking for any way to convert these units. Another kind of valve or a new sit-820 Nova. I know they made them for propane. In my area they all say no. I will even by a new burner if I have to. Dose anybody know someone who deals in sit-820 Nova mv valves.

Post Likes
    Associated Energy Systems 425-251-9190

Part number SC 907202 Described as 33% LP Manual Hi/Lo Regulator Kit $35.00

Post Likes

Wink ng tp lp

I will give them a call tommorow. Thanks for the help

Post Likes
    sorry to be dragging up an old thread..but I didn't want to start a new topic on an old subject.

Anyway...I am fairly familiar with converting gas valves from LP to Natural Gas and vice versa. I have done my clothes dryer, my pool heater, etc.

I just bought a direct vent gas fireplace insert that has a SIT NOVA 820 millivolt valve in it. It is set up to run LP GAS. My home has natural gas..so I have already switched out the pilot orifice and main burner orifice. But I have heard conflicting stories on whether or not this NOVA 820 regulator can be switched over to Natural gas..some people tell me, yes you can..other say..no, you must switch out the entire regulator.

So I figured I'd come here and get some opinions on this and what I must do to be able to use the current valve if possible.

Thanks for any help and input.

Dan

Post Likes
    So I took my SIT Nova 820 LP valve out of my fireplace today and took it to a local gas fireplace shop..they were actually quite helpful. They told me all about the valve, and the differences between the LP and the NG versions, etc etc. They did say that this valve can indeed be converted easily from LP to NG as well as Vice Versa, and showed me a NOVA Hi/LO conversion kit for this. They said although the valve says "not field serviceable" this part to convert it IS the only serviceable part on these valves...they said no one wants you to know that..so you buy a complete new valve, rather than a cheaper conversion kit. They said that kit, plus a new burner and pilot orifice and then lean the air manifold out..is all you need to convert from LP to NG.

Any thoughts???

Dan

Post Likes
    Flyweed,

If converting from LP to NG, you would not lean the manifold out, you would enrichen the mix.

NG takes less air for a proper fuel:air mix. LP takes more air for a proper fuel:air mix.

Bart

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in