I am new to this forum and seriously need some assistance. I have a gas fireplace that has a rectangular box in the middle, connected to a pipe that goes out of the wall of the fireplace. From what I can see in the basement ceiling, the pipe runs from the fireplace, through the ceiling (of the basement) and into the garage somewhere...at least thats HOW it looks from the areas I can see. The problem is that there is no switch, main valve near or around the fireplace. I do have the key in front of the fireplace however, when the key is turned all the way, there is no gas coming out, dont hear it or smell it and I'm NOT able to light the fireplace with the gas. The gas light company told me that there should be a pipe coming from the house into the side of the fireplace from the outside..not there. I am told there should be a main switch that is probably cut off that gets the gas flowing from the gas line to the fireplace...cant find it. I have gas heating and hot water, but there are no "extra" switches anywhere that I can see. PLEASE, someone tell me WHERE I can find this main switch (NOT THE MAIN GAS SWITCH TO THE HOUSE) to get the gas flowing so when I do turn the key, the gas will flow and the fire will start. Your time and assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you.