+ Reply to Thread

Thread: whats up with climatemaster?

Post Likes

whats up with climatemaster?

been installing ttv series units for years. had two with bad txv, now one with a half cloged distributor, all in a year. is it just me or everyone having issues with these machines?

Post Likes
    I have also been putting them in for yrs with no problems(except about 2yrs ago we had a run on some bad coil thermistors). This year we have had 2 start ups with bad txv's and 2 other ones from late last year go bad. We also had one with a leak in the air coil. Then the replacement coil came with a leak in the cap tube. The third one was ok.

Post Likes
    i have lots of fp2 sensors go bad, it just seem the workmenship isnt very good, i saw a geocomfort system stipped down at my distrubitor and it was awesome. it is just a hydromodule with a different jacket. thinking of switching brands. put in water furnace for years, then flp, wasnt really happy with either. you ever put in hydronmodule? geocomfort isnt using the premeire e series of water furnace any more. i sub from a guy who put cantherms in the early 80, then tec co, flp and others. he thinks climatemaster is great. i did one compressor change on a genenis two stage this year for him and one txv on a tranquiltity 20. i put in 31 groundsources in the last two years

Post Likes
    Curious if there is some info on the bad run of thermistors. Is there a batch number on them that I can check on my system?

Post Likes
    I don't think there is any way to tell which ones they had problems with. I don't think all were bad. From what I was told they used the same manufacture for yrs then switch and thats when they started to have problems. The fp1 and fp2 thermistors are the same they just have different colored lead. They have fixed the problem with them now I haven't had any problems lately.

Post Likes
    I had my Climatemaster gro system installed in oct of 2006, which I think is around the time of reports of the bad thermistors? What signs point to a possible bad thermistor to watch out for?

Post Likes
    If the thermistors are bad they will lock the unit out on freeze protection. I have seen them test open or the resistance will be out wack. climatemaster has a resistance chart for them.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cooler75 View Post
    If the thermistors are bad they will lock the unit out on freeze protection. I have seen them test open or the resistance will be out wack. climatemaster has a resistance chart for them.
    Can you describe "lock the unit out on freeze protection" in laymans terms? Not sure exactly what that means or the behavior exhibited. Thanks!

Post Likes
    lots of txv issues

Post Likes

Freeze protection

Can you describe "lock the unit out on freeze protection" in laymans terms?

It's a sensor that is connected to the refrigerant line near the coax (heat exchanger) that monitors the temperature. It's main purpose to protect the coax from freezing up. Low water flow or refrigerant problems can drop the temperature setting it off, causing freeze protection faults and locking out the unit.

Post Likes
    had txvs going out for the last 2 yrs.go to dist and pick up new ones,no charge for new ones and did not want old ones back.was told there was not any problems they were aware of!

Post Likes
    Had five units with restricted tx valves. Technical support tried to blame our installers, then our starup procedures. One replacement tx valve was faulty right out of the box from them.Funny thing is they are all a package unit, tested before shipping but it isn't ClimateMaster's fault.

Post Likes
    Funny thing is that I have a 5 ton water to water Climatemaster that takes 100oz of 410a. We had issues with it from day one. THe field test report fromt he factory says it was pulled down to 180 microns. But a month after it was instaled it was low on ref. I pulled 88 oz from it. Where did the other 12 oz go? MMMM............. Seems to be very unreliable. Then the capacitor went bad.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cliamatecontrol View Post
    been installing ttv series units for years. had two with bad txv, now one with a half cloged distributor, all in a year. is it just me or everyone having issues with these machines?
    how do tou know the txv is bad how did you know distributor is clogged

Post Likes
    the carrier booklet chart says it should work with water temp down to 30 bet water in temp at 40 it shut off on cold water/low flow sensor water pressure in 28psi out 20psi

Post Likes
    i have installed and worked on climate master and (carrier) which is made by climate master for ten years there have been some problems fp sensors ging bad are the most common problem. the problems with the olds ones were they would sweat and get water inside to the tick and short it out. the new ones are sealed and dont have that problem. have had a few problems with txv's when they went to a different manufacture but they went back and havent had any more bad ones. all in all i have installed almost all manufacture of geo-thermals and like the climate master the best. there tech support is the best out there.

Post Likes
    dave sulz

the carrier booklet chart says it should work with water temp down to 30 bet water in temp at 40 it shut off on cold water/low flow sensor water pressure in 28psi out 20psi

make sure you have cut the fp1 sensor on the board to cause the lower freeze protection.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeduncan View Post
    dave sulz

make sure you have cut the fp1 sensor on the board to cause the lower freeze protection.
    i think that is j3 jumper

Post Likes
    jw3 and fp1 are the same when cut it drops the temp

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in