unit ventilator

Thread: unit ventilator

unit ventilator

I have a school with old Herman Nelson Unit ventilators. This stuff is from 1967 and is all pnuematics. Does anyone have any literature on this stuff? i'm new to pnuematics.motor low speed not working. no info on units

Specifics please.

Are you looking for info on the UniVents themselves or the Pneumatic Controls or both.

As afar as the controls this is the right forum but we need more info like what brand is installed and (the tough one) what AHRAE Cycle the UniVents are operating to ? See if you can get your hands on the Controls As-Builts, that is almost a mandatory starting point since you said you are "New to Pneumatics".

The equipment questions may be better posted in the Commercil forum or even the Pro Technical forum.

Just how "New" are you to pneumatics anyway ?

"Motor Low speed" is likely operated from a PE Switch. No offense but you do know what a PE Switch is, right ? If not please say so, so we don't un-necessarily insult you. I has happened once or twice I think.
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

All opinions expressed are my own. Any advice provided is based on personal experience, generally accepted fact or publicly available information. As such, it is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not a penny less !!

mcquay handles herman nelson. call your mcquay guy
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

Quote Originally Posted by CCIKelly View Post
    Are you looking for info on the UniVents themselves or the Pneumatic Controls or both.

As afar as the controls this is the right forum but we need more info like what brand is installed and (the tough one) what AHRAE Cycle the UniVents are operating to ? See if you can get your hands on the Controls As-Builts, that is almost a mandatory starting point since you said you are "New to Pneumatics".

The equipment questions may be better posted in the Commercil forum or even the Pro Technical forum.

Just how "New" are you to pneumatics anyway ?

"Motor Low speed" is likely operated from a PE Switch. No offense but you do know what a PE Switch is, right ? If not please say so, so we don't un-necessarily insult you. I has happened once or twice I think.
    not sure what pe switch is

i have three button switch off hi low
    high speed runs all the time switch can only turn fan off

just start new job that works on them,so real new to them

Quote Originally Posted by iowa tech View Post
    not sure what pe switch is

i have three button switch off hi low
    high speed runs all the time switch can only turn fan off

just start new job that works on them,so real new to them
    That particular problem sounds more like a electric side butcher job than a pneumatic problem...the butcher job may have been done because of a problem with control? you will probably find the low cut out of the circuit if it was ever even hooked up to begin with.

Then verify functionality of your stats?..the right stats?...calibrations of of said stats? Zone Air signals such as Day/Night and Summer/Winter.....

Once this is verified..then start troubleshooting the cabinet controls.

still need to know how the switch should be wired in case someone has been playing

Quote Originally Posted by iowa tech View Post
    still need to know how the switch should be wired in case someone has been playing
    Dude..I know you have a proffessional tag...but this is getting a little ridiculas.

so do they power both windings thru the trans at same time?

iowa tech,
    It is now time to call someone in your town/city for On-site assistance and training. Based on your comments you still need to learn the basics (about pneumatics).

My guess is if you continue to post on this the replies will not be "nice" much longer.

Get some help, please (and I don't mean here).
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

All opinions expressed are my own. Any advice provided is based on personal experience, generally accepted fact or publicly available information. As such, it is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not a penny less !!

ok i know i need help on pneumatics

do you know any thing about how the switch controls the motor?