I need to know this and have dug everywhere; Are furnace oil fumes dangerous.

And if so how they are dangerous and how dangerous they are. I'd really appreciate it if I could get a definite answer that doesn't rely on having to be believed or not.

---- If some things below sound odd it's because I copied and pasted it from a yahoo answers post I made that wasn't getting any answers. ----

I've googled and found a lot of Q&A on this but nobody that cites scientific sources and where everyone has a different opinion from "It can cause respiratory problems." to "It's fatal." to "It's just an annoying smell."

My technician says it's O.K. and no worse than smelling a bit of bug spray, my doctor says he has no idea, the technician checked everything and said he fixed it but he didn't.

I really need to know the cold hard facts on this because I have pre-existing respiratory problems and right now I have the flu.

BTW I'm of course talking about that oil smell that comes out sometimes when the furnace kicks on.

I think I just figured out why there is no definite answer on this question. Like every Q&A place there are categories and while as with every question I ever post I typically get 4-5 answers real quick and then no more, I cannot expect anyone who knows biology to know anything about furnace oil fumes while also I can not expect anybody who knows about furnace oil fumes to know anything about biology.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithotyn View Post
    My technician said he fixed it but he didn't.

you need a new technician

I really need to know the cold hard facts on this because I have pre-existing respiratory problems and right now I have the flu.

have someone check for CO, search for CO poisioning

I cannot expect anyone who knows biology to know anything about furnace oil fumes

while also I can not expect anybody who knows about furnace oil fumes to know anything about biology.

did you make that lame ass comment on the biology-talk web site

seriously--------------you need a service tech that knows what the hell they're doing
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithotyn View Post
    My technician said he fixed it but he didn't.

you need a new technician

have someone check for CO, search for CO poisioning

I cannot expect anyone who knows biology to know anything about furnace oil fumes

while also I can not expect anybody who knows about furnace oil fumes to know anything about biology.

did you make that lame ass comment on the biology-talk web site

seriously--------------you need a service tech that knows what the hell they're doing
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Combusted oil fumes are not good for you(neither is sniffing bug spray).

Combusted oil fumes contain sulfur dioxide, carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide.
    And depending on what chemical cleaners you have in your house near the furnace, a few other things can be in the fumes that you shouldn't breathe.

Your tech may just have given up on the cause of the fumes. Might want to call a different one.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?