ground source heat pumps

looking for design info for ground source heat pump for 2500sqft bungalow in southern ontario. Would it be suitable to install a horizontal loop below a 1000sqft attatched garage to provide a more stable ground temp without having to go to deep ? If so what size - length and type of tubing would best suite . I have been told 100ft/ton (home is a new build)

Moved to residential geo forum
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Would it be suitable to install a horizontal loop below a 1000sqft attatched garage to provide a more stable ground temp without having to go to deep ?

Simple answer is no.

I have been told 100ft/ton

Not even close.

I suggest you do research on loops.

Would it be suitable to install a horizontal loop below a 1000sqft attatched garage to provide a more stable ground temp without having to go to deep ?

Sounds like the obverse of the HO who put his refrigerator in the doorway to garage with the fridge door open to cool the house, then wondered why the garage got hot.

ground source

My original question is I'm looking for design info. in regards to sizing of horizontal loops for the southern ONTARIO CANADA area.Any info or links would be appreciated.In regards to installing the loop below garage it would be 6ft below grade at the footings not on grade below the slab.