Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tridium

Tridium

Using a Tridium front-end:

How many people use the tridium field controllers?

How many people uses Tridium front-end with different
    manufacturer as field controllers?

Why?

Is there anyone who uses Tridium front-end
    with Delta Control field controllers?

Me again.

The company I worked for in Las Vegas did 20+ projects using Delta controllers with a Tridium front end. The only issue I recall was the bindings going "stale" and not updating the data. This was all around 4-5 years ago.

I was on the hardware side so I'm not fully versed in what the software engineers thought, all I can tell you is that it functioned and the client like the setup. They also had Invensys, Siemens and Alerton projects all on the Tridium front end. All the projects had the same "feel" and "look" at the frond end, anyone could install a BACnet or Lon system at the campus level that had to be tied into the district wide Tridium front end. All in all they must have 100+ campuses with this setup.

It is a good solution if you want to integrate multiply systems into one front end, if I was using one vendors product exclusively I would probably stick to their front end unless Tridium added some functionality that was not available to the vendor's front end.

kontrol out
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

Quote Originally Posted by kontrolphreak View Post
    Me again.

The company I worked for in Las Vegas did 20+ projects using Delta controllers with a Tridium front end. The only issue I recall was the bindings going "stale" and not updating the data. This was all around 4-5 years ago.

I was on the hardware side so I'm not fully versed in what the software engineers thought, all I can tell you is that it functioned and the client like the setup. They also had Invensys, Siemens and Alerton projects all on the Tridium front end. All the projects had the same "feel" and "look" at the frond end, anyone could install a BACnet or Lon system at the campus level that had to be tied into the district wide Tridium front end. All in all they must have 100+ campuses with this setup.

It is a good solution if you want to integrate multiply systems into one front end, if I was using one vendors product exclusively I would probably stick to their front end unless Tridium added some functionality that was not available to the vendor's front end.

kontrol out
    Amen Brother! kontrol and i work for the same company now and that is our bread and butter as im sure he would agree. a Tridium front end is such a great way to integrate all of the different systems they have out and the customers love having one single front end web ui to look at rather than try to keep track of multiple systems. I geuss im not sure why we dont actually use tridium controllers, but i know that 90% of the time we use a tridium front end just beacuase of capability and versatility but my company will vary the controllers we use.
    dont worry what people think, they dont do it often

Am I missing something? I didn't know Tridium made controllers. Are you talking NDIO?
    There's a lot to know.

beer30 - I was thinking the same thing.
    "Controls is a lifestyle not a job" -klrogers

Quote Originally Posted by dapper View Post
    beer30 - I was thinking the same thing.
    ditto

i saw some european market controllers on line somewhere.
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

Tridium came out with NRIO controllers, which look just like the ndio but sit on the RS-485 bus. This is just dumb I/O, not stand-alone fully programmable controllers.

Tridium UK sells the Vykon HVAC I/O, also 2-wire RS-485 dumb I/O with the logic residing in the JACE as well.

The only fully programmable controllers I know they use are re-badged HW Spyders

Thanks for all your replies...

I was referring to the Vykon controllers, which
    you guys are saying is not Tridium but they are on Tridium's website.
    So Tridium DOES NOT have fully programmable stand-alone
    controllers...Correct?

Tridium

Quote Originally Posted by cmakowk View Post
    Thanks for all your replies...

I was referring to the Vykon controllers, which
    you guys are saying is not Tridium but they are on Tridium's website.
    So Tridium DOES NOT have fully programmable stand-alone
    controllers...Correct?
    Vycon controllers are tridium. As for standalone, Tridium makes I/O modules that attach to the Jace. If the rules are followed to the letter its a good controller. I use Jace 2 for plant and large AHU build ups.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by GregF View Post
    Vycon controllers are tridium. As for standalone, Tridium makes I/O modules that attach to the Jace. If the rules are followed to the letter its a good controller. I use Jace 2 for plant and large AHU build ups.

Greg

So Jaces are used with I/O modules.
    What protocol are they?

Are the Jaces setup for whatever protocol you program them for?

I am trying to figure out if we can use a ALL Tridium system

and that Tridium can use Bacnet, LON, and Integration for JCI and Alerton.

Thanks for the replies...

Tridium

Quote Originally Posted by cmakowk View Post
    So Jaces are used with I/O modules.
    What protocol are they?

Are the Jaces setup for whatever protocol you program them for?

I am trying to figure out if we can use a ALL Tridium system

and that Tridium can use Bacnet, LON, and Integration for JCI and Alerton.

Thanks for the replies...
    The I/O is NDIO Network (Tridium's Own ).
    You setup the drivers you buy for Jace's, Lon, BacNet, Modbus and many others you can buy the driver. Jace 2's and 6's come with NDIO network, Niagara Network, OBIX and a couple of others. JCI branded Jace's Have the N2 driver and only come from JCI, However if the JCI system is Lon or Bacnet any Lon or Bacnet driver will do. Tridium will integrate all of the above.

Greg

When you say Tridium...as the Vykon sticker?...or Niagara AX (Tridium) in general?

For AX..hands down.. the field controller winner (no matter whos sticker is on the JACE) is Distech.

Tridium itself.....is ...for the most part a software company...it makes ALL JACES...and happens to sticker one (Vykon) as their own.

Distech

Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    When you say Tridium...as the Vykon sticker?...or Niagara AX (Tridium) in general?

For AX..hands down.. the field controller winner (no matter whos sticker is on the JACE) is Distech.

Tridium itself.....is ...for the most part a software company...it makes ALL JACES...and happens to sticker one (Vykon) as their own.
    freddy
    Have you been using the graphics programming tool and what do you think??

Greg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast