Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: siemens problem

Thanks for the reply,
    If anyone commanded these points they they should be in "OPER" proirity not "OVRD". I've checked both tec and panel initial values, updated the controllers and reloaded the cabinet. I have bandaged the problem by writting releas commands in the PPCL, but it's a bandage.
    Thanks again
    Larry

Hi Larry,

I'm sorry that I wasn't clear:

Some of the TEC firmware and some of the older panel firmware would do strange things. i.e command priority would not be displayed correctly.

However, I'm at a loss here. If you have checked both initial values (cabinet and controller) and these points are not commanded in PPCL. The outcome will be most interesting. Please keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by lpeterson View Post
    Thanks for the reply,
    If anyone commanded these points they they should be in "OPER" proirity not "OVRD". I've checked both tec and panel initial values, updated the controllers and reloaded the cabinet. I have bandaged the problem by writting releas commands in the PPCL, but it's a bandage.
    Thanks again
    Larry

We have someone from Siemens comming soon. I'll see what he says.
    Thanks
    Larry

I may have missed this....
    If the TEC is commanded from the MMI port, I have found that no matter how much releasing or what- have- you you do from the front end, the point will still appear in OVD.
    If the person who started these controllers did so from a template or "blasted" them, you could find this very problem.
    Plug directly into one and release everything and check again. And at least there are only 30.
    Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.- Mark Twain

Thanks for the reply,
    I'm able to releas them from the front end, and by putting a releas statement in the code the problem is kind of solved. I don't like it but at least it isn't raining.
    Thanks
    Larry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12