Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: siemens problem

siemens problem

I have several "tec" subpoints that keep changing to priority "ovrd" this happens when ppcl comands a subpoint. However there are no ppcl statements in the code commanding these points.
    Can anyone help?
    thanks Larry

Try the Controls Forum

Let me get this thread relocated ;-)

Moved to Controls forum per Chris's request.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Dang,,, that was quick!!!

TY, beenthere

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthingt View Post
    Dang,,, that was quick!!!

TY, beenthere
    I was checking my email at the right time.

No problem.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by lpeterson View Post
    I have several "tec" subpoints that keep changing to priority "ovrd" this happens when ppcl comands a subpoint. However there are no ppcl statements in the code commanding these points.
    Can anyone help?
    thanks Larry
    Have you unplugged the FLN from the TEC to confirm this? Do you have an Insight workstation? If so, have you ran a point usage report to check all the panels? What is the TEC application?

Thanks for the reply,
    Application 2051. I've run point usage report, tec and panel initial value reports, point address reports. The two points subpoint two "heat.cool" and "ctl stpt" are the ones that change.

The series 2000 stats are "intelligent" and will place the CTL STPT in OVRD during normal operation. However, the HEAT.COOL point would NOT go into OVRD without a command from the panel.

I'm assuming this is not wireless.
    Dingman from Iowa~
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

The Dingman's webpage, featuring the Ding_Z

Thanks for the reply,
    I know that PPCL is the only way these points are supposed to get into "ovrd". I've shown this to several Siemens techs. They don't understand it either.
    Larry

Then my conclusion (assuming this happends with the FLN unplugged and this is witnessed from the TEC\Stat) is that RAM\EEPROM chip is faulty.

Next step is to swap this TEC with another (or install a new\spare) and see if the issue stays or moves.

Good luck, sounds like a mystery to be solved.
    Dingman from Iowa~
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."

Thanks for the reply,
    The FLN is plugged in when this happens. It's happening on about 30 TEC's. I'll try to bring it to a Siemens big shot.
    Larry

Ahhh, didn't know you had 30 of them doing it.
    Hmm, maybe the initial value table in the panel has all the heat.cool points in OVRD and the TEC's are reloading periodically? There would have to be severe problems on the FLN for that but it's worth checking.

Verify that your panel is not periodically coldstarting and reloading. There is a rare condition that can cause what you are describing. If your panel firmware is above 2.5.2, this isn't your problem.

Daramoe would have better info than I but I'd suggest removing the panel that the TEC's are connected to from the BLN. If the problem continues, coldstart the panel. Not a warmstart, but a true, from the command line coldstart.

Are the heat.cool points on a graphic or are they regularly commanded?
    What version firmware in the panel and version of Insight?

I like mysteries
    Dingman from Iowa~

I'm going to take a stab here:

Is it possible that there is a graphic for the 2051 (fan coil) application? If so, are these points displayed on the graphic that someone may be commanding with the point commander as opposed to the global commander?

If this is the case I have found it just as easy to remove the TEC from the system profile and re-add it. Try a couple and see what happens. Or you could just check initial values at the cabinet to confirm what I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by lpeterson View Post
    Can anyone help?
    thanks Larry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast