Siebe Signal and Micronet VAVs

I have a Signal front end with Micronet vav controllers. The options available at the front end are minimal. There is a cooling setpoint I can adj, but not the heating, which is displayed but not adjustable (it goes yellow with a # sign which is hard to remove afterwards). The htg setpoint doesnt change with the cooling, so no bias, and the points can overlap. The box APPEARS to be able to be in both modes at the same time, (CFM is at min setting and heaters are on) but there is no actual mode displayed. There are CFM min-max setpoints that dont seem to actually work (or at least, the vav doesnt respond when I change them), and with the heaters on, the CFM is at apx 55, too low to engage the flow switch. I want to get into the vav config, is there a way from Signal? I see something called "terminal" when I open a point, what is the purpose of this? I have access from backdoor password, if that helps. If there is no way to get to this from Signal, what are my options?

Wow, I must have asked a doozie, nearly 2 weeks and no one had an answer!

You may be SOL

There is nothing you can do to program the micronet controllers from Signal. The terminal program is emulating a terminal to the GCM. To program a micronet controller you need the MNET software and a serial converter that plugs into the room sensor (I think micronet used LON for comunications but don't bet on being able to access it via LON). No, I don't have the MNET software. Both the software & converter can be purchased from your local TAC distributor. There is a program block in the GCM for a micronet VAV. One block for each micronet VAV. By commanding attributes of the software block some changes can be made to the micronet VAV but nothing major. For the most part the software blocks are used to coordinate the micronet VAV's. I have some info on the micronet controllers I can send you if you want but you will still need the GCM programmers manual to determine what the GCM is commanding the micronet controllers to do, that I don't have.

Thanks for that at least, does anyone have the lowdown on those setpoints? Seems that some are adjustable, but the others will go yellow with a # sign and the only way I can find to get them back is to do what appears to be timed override for a short time period, the when it expires, the point goes normal again.

In the GCM

Everything you see on the Signal screen is happening in the GCM. You need to figure out your GCM programming to figure out what is going on.

Both the software & converter can be purchased from your local TAC distributor.
    I agree; also http://www.abcgreymarketusa.com/Robertshaw.htm can be used for comparison to your local TAC dealer.

Also, Under-Control, you mentioned Signal (PC software graphic interface) and Micro-Net (VAV controllers), but didn't mention GCM or DMS (head DDC controller).
    So I couldn't tell for sure if your head controller was a Barber Coleman GCM or a Robertshaw DMS; could be either one. If no one overode Micro-Net settings from the head controller, then your solution resides in the Micro-Net. However, from what you stated, sounds like someone may have overridden MNet settings from the head controller, the GCM or DMS.

Hmmm, havent been on site for a bit, its a BC 8000 system. Seems the chiller pumps keep shutting down, and the point goes yellow with that dang # on the value (#OFF) I was thinking that the color might indicate what was controlling the point, either an override (I suspect timed overide) or something similar

Its an overide dude...the terminal mode in signal is used to configue ur programing blocks so signal can communicate with ur GCM...u dont need to program MNFLO vav u just need to set its parametre..and u can connect it through a device called MN-CIM...MN-CIM has 9 pin db connector male/female and other end is the pin which inserts in ur MNS4-Dk through which u can connect to the MN-FLO controllers..the block u need to configure in GCM is MNFLO--just goto terminal mode then enter with user name "user" and password "pass"...then goto to block=>edit=>MNFLO:vav01 etc..the communication bus is a ubus and u need to convert ur signal to ASD by integrating with MNASDI....
    Quote Originally Posted by Under_Control View Post
    Hmmm, havent been on site for a bit, its a BC 8000 system. Seems the chiller pumps keep shutting down, and the point goes yellow with that dang # on the value (#OFF) I was thinking that the color might indicate what was controlling the point, either an override (I suspect timed overide) or something similar