Who makes an infrared temp trasmitter?

Looking for an infrared temp transmitter that can read a temp from 30 feet away and still be very accurate. Looking to control some chillers to ice temp at an ice rink. Not my idea but what they want. I want to control to the brine temp that makes the ice.

It needs to have an output in mA or volts.

Kele has one but it only goes to 32 deg, probably will not work.

I agree they should look at return CW temp not surface temp as this will increase based on load, lighting and will pick up moving people on the ice surface.
    Beware of the prophet trying to make a profit.

There is less oxygen from knee level to the floor! Check it out next time you tie your boots.

I have used the Kele unit before in an office area that was solid cubes with nowhere to mount a sensor. I wouldn't worry about people too much. It averages the temperature of everything it "sees". I never noticed any real issue with people in the space hosing the reading for any length of time. Mounting an IR sensor up at the ceiling, your going to be looking at a huge area by the time it gets down to the ice.

I also think this is the most backwards way to control the setup…then again it smells like an extra down the road…

Another thing hit me….

IR temp sensors don’t work that great on shinny surfaces. Ever try one on a copper pipe or galvanized boiler stack? They are not even in the ball park.

Good luck with that.

The kele one is not accurate in the range I need.

I found one made by Raytek that I am going to give them a price on. $900 cost ouch.

Like i said, this is not my idea. Someone paid an engineer to come down from Chicago to recommend how to control the system better. It cost them several thousand dollars and he came up with this idea but did not know how to make it work because he is not familiar with the system they have. Since they spent so much money on him they are making me give a price.

Just doing what I am told and maybe later we can blow the engineers pipe dream and make it really work. I think they should start by fixing the control valves that are broken but that would take common sense. Engineering school forgot to teach that class.

man most ice rinks just control off of a return brine or glycol sensor. of all of the ones ive worked on, only one had infrared, and the only reason was that it was a training facility for ice dancers and that sort of thing, several olympians trained there as well, and they claimed that ice surface temp "had to be at 23 degrees f so it was soft enough for jumps". blah blah. when the infrared went, they put in a return sensor and no one knew it. infrared was up in the rafters over the ice and inaccessible.

Omega Engineering has a good selection of IR for less than $900.