Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Magic chef Small Gas Furnace

I don't know where to post my question, being new. I will try here. After the Gas company got this 1983 furnace running, the fan doesn't shut off after the heat shuts off. What should shut the fan off? and are there any filters on this unit? I don't see any. Thanks, J.M

If it has a mechanical limit, kick the side of the furnace until it stops.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    If it has a mechanical limit, kick the side of the furnace until it stops.
    Now thats funny!!!lmao Seriously though,27yr old furnace???? Don't you think its time to look into getting a new one?? In energy savings alone a new furnace will pay for itself pretty quick.(compared to what you have).You need to call local pro's for a quote. As far as the fan,you should read the site rules before posting,NO DIY.
    Anything worth doing,is worth doing RIGHT the FIRST time around!!!

Moved to residential.

Call the gas company back out and have them fix it.

Sorry, this is not a DIY site. So we are not allowed to give out DIY advise.

Please read Site Rules Thank you.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Magic Chef Gas Furnace.

Thanks for the NO HELP. I did fix it myself. I moved the return grate from below the furnace to the other side of the room. Then the pilot stayed lit overnight. I wired a switch for the blower, and I turn it off and on about 30 seconds after the burner comes on and goes off. I replaced the thermostat, and disconnected the damper wire. It seems to be working fine now. gtoguy3

Say what?
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

LOL gotta love that one!

Magic Chef

Is there a question in there somewhere? Or are you just overwhelmed?

Overwhelmed!

Theodore Roosevelt

Magic Chef Gas Furnace.

My son pays 958.00 per month to rent this store space. The landlord, who lost tons of money buying this building , won't do ANY fixing, so we are not going to spend thousands to put in a new furnace for him. That's why I had to fix it. The pipes froze twice, and burst once. There is no insulation. I had to replace most of the copper with pex and put heat tape on the remaining copper. Now, at least the pipes are working and the heat is working relatively well. gtoguy3

Then he should have with held his rent until it was fixed.

You now have an unsafe furnace. One that the landlord can sue your son for building damage when it causes a fire, or other damage. So your son pays for the landlords improvements(Oh, and you since you did the work).
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by gmot455 View Post
    Thanks for the NO HELP. I did fix it myself. I moved the return grate from below the furnace to the other side of the room. Then the pilot stayed lit overnight. I wired a switch for the blower, and I turn it off and on about 30 seconds after the burner comes on and goes off. I replaced the thermostat, and disconnected the damper wire. It seems to be working fine now. gtoguy3
    So, you have a nice chair and just kinda hang out and wait for a call for heat?

Seriosly! you are sticking your neck out. I would think the Landlord would legaly have to repair the furnace.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast