JCI FX-60 commisioning

I have FX-60 and the workbench software LP-FXTSPE-0.

After reading through some of johnson's documentation it appears that the software is identified as end user and cannot create a new station to upload to the FX-60

Is this correct? Does this mean that only johnson controls can create a new station?

Quote Originally Posted by bob_scheel View Post
    ...After reading through some of johnson's documentation it appears that the software is identified as end user and cannot create a new station to upload to the FX-60
    Is this correct?
    Yes. According to a release from JCI this is what you can do.

What are the capabilities and limitations of the end-user version of the tool (LP-FXTSPE-0)?

Users of this version cannot create stations on their computers. Users can engineer or commission an FX20/FX40/FX60/FX Server station only by connecting to it. Users can backup and restore their stations.

Does this mean that only johnson controls can create a new station?
    No. Folks that have the engineering version of workbench, LP-FXTSPDEM-0, and an ABCS office license can create stations.
    Last edited by DaveCR; 01-04-2010 at 09:20 PM. Reason: dug up more info
    UA LU 562

Quote Originally Posted by DaveCR View Post

No. Folks that have the engineering version of workbench, LP-FXTSPDEM-0, and an ABCS office license can create stations.
    Is an ABCS office license obtainable, or is it limited to a geographical region?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveCR View Post
    That's odd, I don't have either and create station all the time.

Is an ABCS office license obtainable, or is it limited to a geographical region?
    Call your jci distributor, you'll probably have no problem obtaining it, with other hoops.

If you have LP-FXTSUPP, that license never expires but you probably cannot upgrade it from it's current version.

The ABCS channel was switched to the LP-FXTSPDEM that requires an annual renewal. You may be able to get your local ABCS to set you up as Non-Direct ABCS but you will have to pay that annual fee (a couple grand) every year or your LP-FXTSPDEM license expires 10/31 .

You may be able to find someone that has a valid saleable Rev 2.0 FXTSUPP that you can buy and license. I may have a licenseable LP-FXTSUPP-0 rev 1.2 available if you really, really need one. I do not know if it can be upgraded, sorry.

There are some other twists to what versions of the tools are available to whom but I don't know all the details.

It's really confusing, at least for me.
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

All opinions expressed are my own. Any advice provided is based on personal experience, generally accepted fact or publicly available information. As such, it is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not a penny less !!