Post Likes

JCI FX-60 commisioning

I have FX-60 and the workbench software LP-FXTSPE-0.

After reading through some of johnson's documentation it appears that the software is identified as end user and cannot create a new station to upload to the FX-60

Is this correct? Does this mean that only johnson controls can create a new station?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_scheel View Post
    ...After reading through some of johnson's documentation it appears that the software is identified as end user and cannot create a new station to upload to the FX-60
    Is this correct?
    Yes. According to a release from JCI this is what you can do.

What are the capabilities and limitations of the end-user version of the tool (LP-FXTSPE-0)?

Users of this version cannot create stations on their computers. Users can engineer or commission an FX20/FX40/FX60/FX Server station only by connecting to it. Users can backup and restore their stations.

Does this mean that only johnson controls can create a new station?
    No. Folks that have the engineering version of workbench, LP-FXTSPDEM-0, and an ABCS office license can create stations.
    Last edited by DaveCR; 01-04-2010 at 09:20 PM. Reason: dug up more info
    UA LU 562

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveCR View Post

No. Folks that have the engineering version of workbench, LP-FXTSPDEM-0, and an ABCS office license can create stations.
    Is an ABCS office license obtainable, or is it limited to a geographical region?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveCR View Post
    That's odd, I don't have either and create station all the time.

Post Likes
    Is an ABCS office license obtainable, or is it limited to a geographical region?
    Call your jci distributor, you'll probably have no problem obtaining it, with other hoops.

Post Likes
    If you have LP-FXTSUPP, that license never expires but you probably cannot upgrade it from it's current version.

The ABCS channel was switched to the LP-FXTSPDEM that requires an annual renewal. You may be able to get your local ABCS to set you up as Non-Direct ABCS but you will have to pay that annual fee (a couple grand) every year or your LP-FXTSPDEM license expires 10/31 .

You may be able to find someone that has a valid saleable Rev 2.0 FXTSUPP that you can buy and license. I may have a licenseable LP-FXTSUPP-0 rev 1.2 available if you really, really need one. I do not know if it can be upgraded, sorry.

There are some other twists to what versions of the tools are available to whom but I don't know all the details.

It's really confusing, at least for me.
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

Any advice provided is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not, a penny less !!