Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: York HT

York HT

Anyone have an IOM on a HT K3 E3 EDC with a MTD 126 compressor? My library doesn't go back that far, and the office files seem to have been really 'tossed' on my hiatus. Going to check on one with oil loss problems. A wiring diagram would also be appreciated. (Can't believe this facility still has 3 of that design sequence)
    Thanks, Bob

Don't think I have it on PDF but I should have it in the books let me check if I do I'll scan it for you.
    Arguing with your Boss is like wrestling with a pig in
    mud.
    After a while you realize that while you are getting
    dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it
    creative problem solving.

25 years ago we had Bob Hope , Steve Jobs , and Johnny Cash today we have no Hope no Jobs and no Cash !
    I can fix broke but i can't fix stupid !

Went thru what's left of the shop's manuals. Actually had the HT/OT binder, but the IOM 160.43-01 is missing. Other than the fact it's open drive, i assume the OT lube system (piping circuitry with the pumps) is similar- in 160.58-01. That manual was available

Let me look at my books see how large the IOM's are. They both have external AOP which drops out after start up , one thing to note any time there down for extented peroid of time its best to drain oil out of system because it won't stay in the sump.
    mud.

25 years ago we had Bob Hope , Steve Jobs , and Johnny Cash today we have no Hope no Jobs and no Cash !

Yep, heard about that. It migrates that freely? This one lost the oil level just jogging the AOP yesterday. (with cold oil). Suspect worn seals or a damaged internal line. This one's been a consistant problem for several years now. I also suspect heavily oil saturated refrigerant. With that said, I have recently acquired 160.43-M1. I may be asking for rigging weights in the near future.
    Thanks, '56

Cool I have it was going to send fax would have been easy to do that way. If you need anything let me know.
    mud.

Quote Originally Posted by york56 View Post
    If you need anything let me know.
    How's about a pound of twenties?

With the economy and everything else in the world today I'll take anything anybody wants to give me including a pound of twenty's would really like to hit the lottery but thats only a dream.
    mud.

heavy

recently came across a hard copy of a york manual (blue binder):

Service 2 centrifugal for HT and OTs

may have more items I could burn off and send out. give me a document number and I will seee what I got, you too York56

r404a

What you have there is woth its weight in not gold but Platinum. I will let you know if the need arises. I have a buddy that takes care of a few HT's. I will see if he might need something. If there is any thing that you might need let me know. If I don't have it I have got many connections.

I have it on papyrus paper, LOL. I would have to cut the binder and scan it but PDF gets big to send.
    "I'm from Texas, what country are you from?"

Can't I come help you? I love those things! Some would say that I'm a bit past my sell-by date so I don't know how much help I'd be but I'd sure have a LOT of fun!

After all my years at York all I have to show for it is a jacket and 1 (one) IOM. How sad is that!? Sadly, it's not even of any use to you - it's 160.53-01. Models HT M1 G1 Thru HT T4 G2 (Style B) 650 Thru 1300 tons.

For what it's worth, my approach would be to get the oil heater on then add half a can of oil and start the machine. The oil should come back immediately - then drain off as much as you added.

Quote Originally Posted by r404a View Post
    heavy

recently came across a hard copy of a york manual (blue binder):

Service 2 centrifugal for HT and OTs
    If memory serves me correctly, Service 1 was for 90 thru 600 (?) tons and Service 2 was for the bigger stuff. Of course the memory IS a bit poked!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast