Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by sgraefe View Post
    Ya, those guys were never very gung-ho to push for a raise. I was making as much as them, and I think they knew it based on their comments. They would just comment on being lucky to have their job. Why do people loss thier confidence?
    It is the gung-ho, the risk takers whom end up being business owners, pitty those who choose to live on their knees rather than stand up and die in their feet .

just my peso

Quote Originally Posted by numbawunfela View Post

3) Visit the website of the company - do they have one? is it professional looking?
    BAD companies can have great looking websites. I think you should toss out number 3.

EBear

Quote Originally Posted by EBear View Post
    BAD companies can have great looking websites. I think you should toss out number 3.

EBear
    Possibly - but do great companies have crappy websites? Likely not. Can't say for sure though - I do not work for a great company. But it may be an indicator that you area at least on the right track, then you can weed the company that is crappy but has a good website with one of the other criteria.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

we don't have a web site at all

Quote Originally Posted by yellowirenut View Post
    we don't have a web site at all
    You mean your company or the one you work for doesn't? Are they/you a good company?

Do you have any tips on finding a good company?

I actually got a call today from a gal at National Comfort Institute to inform me of a class I was registered for. The typical 'how's work?' starts up and next thing you know she is telling me if I send her my resume and it is good, she may be inclined to forward it on to a company or two who has indicated that they are looking for techs.

That sure wasn't on my to do list for finding a good company - but it may do the trick.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123