Help with BGE Peak Rewards Thermostat (Honeywell VisionPRO TH8000?) & aux heat - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by ALex265 View Post
    (However, it there any explanation to gary_g's post? It does not look like a typo, more like a copy/paste from a pdf... Also the last quote in my post - I saw it myself, I have the pdf... Strange...)
    Pasted from Honeywells 8000 Series Install Manual:

Heat temperature control
    2 Standard temperature control (recommended)
    1 Choose if room is warmer than set temperature
    3 Choose if room does not reach set temperature

NOTE THAT THE WORDING IS NOW DIFFERENT FROM MY ORIGINAL POST, BUT I USED THE SAME LINK?? WTF ?? HOW ABOUT HONEYWELL POST A REVISION NUMBER AND REVISION DATE ON THEIR MANUALS ??

Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by gary_g View Post
    Heat temperature control
    2 Standard temperature control (recommended)
    1 Choose if room is warmer than set temperature
    3 Choose if room does not reach set temperature
    Do I understand correctly that with this setting we actually adjust thermostat's anticipator, i.e. doing what on old mechanical ones would be done by moving that small lever? Is there another way to adjust anticipator on VisionPro and similar thermostats? My boiler installation instructions suggest setting thermostat's anticipator depending on some gas parameters, but I don't see any way to adjust anticipator on any of the contemporary thermostats - is there a secret way that only pros know, or it just can't be done?

Quote Originally Posted by ALex265 View Post
    Do I understand correctly that with this setting we actually adjust thermostat's anticipator, i.e. doing what on old mechanical ones would be done by moving that small lever? Is there another way to adjust anticipator on VisionPro and similar thermostats? My boiler installation instructions suggest setting thermostat's anticipator depending on some gas parameters, but I don't see any way to adjust anticipator on any of the contemporary thermostats - is there a secret way that only pros know, or it just can't be done?
    Mr BeenThere needs to answer this one, it's out of my league.

Good luck.

No secret way.

Just CPH. The algorithm of the thermostat takes it from there. Based on previous on and off times to maintain set temp.

Keep in mind. That CPH is set for the 50% load of the system. So the actual on and off times will vary by outside temp changes. And so will the actual cycles it runs an hour.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    No secret way.

Just CPH. The algorithm of the thermostat takes it from there. Based on previous on and off times to maintain set temp.

Keep in mind. That CPH is set for the 50% load of the system. So the actual on and off times will vary by outside temp changes. And so will the actual cycles it runs an hour.
    Thanks, this is more clear to me now. By the way, I was wondering. The outside temperature obviously has to be an input parameter to the adaptive intelligent recovery algorithm as you point out. So, it could be expected that when a remote outdoor sensor is enabled, this parameter will be brought into the equation. However, Honeywell manual clearly states that the outdoor sensor is 'for display only'. Is this true, and its readings do not participate in the algorithm? Is it because it's impossible to control where and how the outdoor sensor is installed, I guess?

That stat is a UtilityPro Thermostat from Honeywell - not available to the trade , its given to the Power Companies to control your system and turn it off during peak times; much like the boxes they place on HVAC systems, water heaters, etc. in South Florida.

Learn more:
    http://tk.publicaster.com/DC/RedirVi...5746F=30&66=30

You can also google: UtilityPro Thermostat Manual

The sensor doesn't have any input for the recovery.

Recovering temp when its 30 outside with no wind. Will be quicker then recovering when its 30 outside and the wind is blowing at 20 miles an hour.
    Contractor locator map

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    The sensor doesn't have any input for the recovery.

Recovering temp when its 30 outside with no wind. Will be quicker then recovering when its 30 outside and the wind is blowing at 20 miles an hour.
    Thanks. One more question. If Adaptive Intelligent Recovery feature is off, does the thermostat still learn and adjust, just not start early, or it stops being intelligent altogether?

It still stores/tracks on and off times. But can't use that info to determine when to start to recover. So its just starts at the time you set it to.
    Contractor locator map

BGE Thermostat

After my latest BGE bill jumped from $200 to $695 I started looking around. I found that my heat pump was not coming on. The Peak Rewards thermostat that BGE installed in 2009 was showing "Heat On" but it was on emergancy heat. I called BGE and asked for a complimentory inspection but was told to call a HVAC professional to check it. They said they would reimburse me if it was a thermostat prob. As it turns out, it was wired wrong and coded wrong so the heat strip came on every time. My electric bills more than doubled in the cold months but wasn't noticed at first due to BGE rebates. I informed BGE Customer Service of the fact that my heat pump hasn't run since 2009. They are lookinf into it and sounded as if they would reimburse the service call and refund some of the overages caused by the improperly installed thermostat. I will keep everyone posted.
    Also the codes can tell it to come on too soon. Have that checked.

OP here. The lowered aggressiveness setting on the Peak Rewards thermostat is working so well that I want to have my Trane TCONT803AS32DAA thermostat set up the same way. Of course the installer didn't leave me the user manual. Does anyone know if the Trane has the same setting for aggressiveness? Would anyone mind emailing me a copy of the manual?

Thanks

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345