Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
    take care of the contractor.they have a lot on them.be glad you have a job and not layed off

Quote Originally Posted by markj View Post
    If I am not mistaken the reason the owner is in business is to pocket cash? Maybe I am wrong put I thought that was the reason businesses are started.
    A company is only as good as it's employees! I have seen this so many times, I know your labor source is your largest cost, but you have to have a balanced attack at lowering overhead in these tough times. If all you cut is employee benefits your not much of a boss. Sometimes it is better to layoff one guy, to keep the morale of the remaining employees up, then to penalize everyone.
    I STARTED WITH NOTHING, AND I STILL HAVE MOST OF IT!

Got a paid day to use during slow time. Got a custom 3cell led maglight with company logo on it.
    Got my 1250's....Ready for Spring

Man I feel for some of you guys.

But we got the usual $400.00, and so far we have doing not great but ok. Though we did finish up a 200k job (our portion of it) in November.
    When you do a job, Always make it easier for the next guy, because you may be the next guy working on it.

i got weekly unemployment bonuses

I gave my guys Carhartt jackets and 3-4% of their salary DOE.

We all went to a Carolina Hurricane's game on a Saturday night at the begining of December so everyone could focus on family near Christmas. I payed for it all including their families. As for bonuses I have done the same thing for years.
    Every month you have worked for me and NOT called in sick you get one hour pay added to you bonus. Some that have been with me for 3-4 years did pretty good this year and NONE of them called in or were late to work all year! I had to send them both of those longtimers home once after they would show up ready to go but in no shape to work. In my mind that's loyalty and didn't go against them. They wanted that bonus.

For the past few years there has been no mention of christmas bonuses.They just faded away,however the company does send out gift cards and pre-paid debit cards to select people at commercial accounts.What I did find odd is that they asked each tech to make a list of gift card recipients for their accounts.

50 bones

Quote Originally Posted by honna29 View Post
    50 bones
    WOW! You got that many bosses?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Me I got nothing. Never have. I do get to figure out every year what I can give out. Give all you can to the good guys, even sent one out this yr to a sub. Have zero problem not giving a bonus to a non deserving individual. Well some may think since Im the owner I shouldnt get one. Well one might think but...Near to the shop is a construction/engineering firm. Ive known before of 4 & 5 figure bonus's for the head ofc and nothing for the actual construction crew. Thats a raw deal IMHO.
    "The Bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

Thumbs up Bonus

Got 25.00 to Applebees. Live in Michigan was alot better than last years when I had to call into Marvin. People with senority that work where I do have made 500 -1000 based on senority in the past. Some higher ups will pull 4 to 5 figure bonus checks, at least I can pay the bills.

I remember in the past getting a bonus of like 150.00 in a company check, a turkey, Christmas party with open bar (just means the owners where going to spend an butt load) paid basically for the week of Christmas for only a couple hours of work that week, and Job completion bonuses. That was a small non union shop that pounded out the work. I miss the old days! That was the type of place where a guy had no problem coming in to work on saturday or sunday or even volunteering his own time to complete a job because he knew the owner would take care of him.

IdealCo - It sounds like you take care of your guys - THANK YOU!!!!!!!
    It is companies like this that produce the 5 - 15 year dedicated honest employees. I love the time idea. It also sounds like you are not into micro management? Most companies give nothing back and in turn get the minimum. I knew a company that spit upon its employees, in turn they would take longer to complete jobs (on purpose), steal shop stock, cut corners, and also they had people who where making double their salary in side work - ultimately cutting the future business ratio in half.
    THANK YOU FOR TAKING CARE OF YOUR GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got to see fellow employess walked out the door, wage freeze possible until 2011-12.
    Never sent home though, work inside where's its nice...

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast