+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What did you get for Xmas from the Company

Post Likes

What did you get for Xmas from the Company

We show up for work on Cristmas Eve. Work three hours and then back to the shop for a one hour party. After the party, go home with the rest of the day paid. We also received $200 in gift certificates.

Post Likes
    I started a post similar to yours maybe you want to check it out. Seems like the big bonus this year was not getting laid off.

Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=447062
    If it doesn't go easy, you are not using a big enough hammer.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by targetman View Post
    We show up for work on Cristmas Eve. Work three hours and then back to the shop for a one hour party. After the party, go home with the rest of the day paid. We also received $200 in gift certificates.
    So what was your bonus?

Post Likes
    Same as the last 4 years. Nothing but I have never been sent home or laid off.

Post Likes

Cool

Nothing.
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Post Likes
    I guess I am very blessed for being the only service tech in my shop. I've only been with the company for 7 months and received a very nice bonus. I'm not trying to brag by any means, but I am happy to be taken care of.

Post Likes
    I got a $100.00 cash bonus
    I don’t always drink beer, but when I do I prefer Dos-Equis. I am the most interesting man in the world. Stay thirsty my friends.

Post Likes
    I got a letter than said we could no longer take work trucks home (installer), and due to someone throwing away half-used materials (glue, angle iron, flex, etc), we would not get our usual 200 cash bonus (I was counting on that to pay for some training). Previous years we have received tools, dealer and company clothing, and a Christmas party. We will also be switching to a time clock to clock in and out instead of writing our time down (fine by me, most of our jobs are 30 mins - an hour away from our shop). Tough times...just thankful for a job

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by matttaylorsui View Post
    I got a letter than said we could no longer take work trucks home (installer), and due to someone throwing away half-used materials (glue, angle iron, flex, etc), we would not get our usual 200 cash bonus (I was counting on that to pay for some training). Previous years we have received tools, dealer and company clothing, and a Christmas party. We will also be switching to a time clock to clock in and out instead of writing our time down (fine by me, most of our jobs are 30 mins - an hour away from our shop). Tough times...just thankful for a job
    thats a load of garbage, just excuses from the company owner to pocket more cash or to hide that hes business challenged.

i didnt get anything either but i did get 40+ hours every week so thats really good and am gratefull.
    I will take a bullet for my Veto LC tool bag!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by refer guy View Post
    thats a load of garbage, just excuses from the company owner to pocket more cash or to hide that hes business challenged.

i didnt get anything either but i did get 40+ hours every week so thats really good and am gratefull.
    If I am not mistaken the reason the owner is in business is to pocket cash? Maybe I am wrong put I thought that was the reason businesses are started.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by markj View Post
    If I am not mistaken the reason the owner is in business is to pocket cash? Maybe I am wrong put I thought that was the reason businesses are started.
    Sheesh, I wouldn't want to work for you Ebeneezer.

Post Likes
    I got a nice pull over zippered sweatshirt and a new boss.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    this is why i stopped thinking like a sucker, and started thinking like a company owner wich is to only care of whos more important and that would be numero uno.
    I will take a bullet for my Veto LC tool bag!

Post Likes
    take care of the contractor.they have a lot on them.be glad you have a job and not layed off

Post Likes
    A company is only as good as it's employees! I have seen this so many times, I know your labor source is your largest cost, but you have to have a balanced attack at lowering overhead in these tough times. If all you cut is employee benefits your not much of a boss. Sometimes it is better to layoff one guy, to keep the morale of the remaining employees up, then to penalize everyone.
    I STARTED WITH NOTHING, AND I STILL HAVE MOST OF IT!

Post Likes
    Got a paid day to use during slow time. Got a custom 3cell led maglight with company logo on it.
    Got my 1250's....Ready for Spring

Post Likes
    Man I feel for some of you guys.

But we got the usual $400.00, and so far we have doing not great but ok. Though we did finish up a 200k job (our portion of it) in November.
    When you do a job, Always make it easier for the next guy, because you may be the next guy working on it.

Post Likes
    i got weekly unemployment bonuses

Post Likes
    I gave my guys Carhartt jackets and 3-4% of their salary DOE.

Post Likes
    We all went to a Carolina Hurricane's game on a Saturday night at the begining of December so everyone could focus on family near Christmas. I payed for it all including their families. As for bonuses I have done the same thing for years.
    Every month you have worked for me and NOT called in sick you get one hour pay added to you bonus. Some that have been with me for 3-4 years did pretty good this year and NONE of them called in or were late to work all year! I had to send them both of those longtimers home once after they would show up ready to go but in no shape to work. In my mind that's loyalty and didn't go against them. They wanted that bonus.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in