Circon UHC300 missing BASIC

Confused Circon UHC300 missing BASIC

I am doing a retrofit on a small system that has (2) UHC300 m04's and (5) UHC302 m03's. BME's say system has never worked correctly from day one. Launched the BASIC plug-in from VI and LM but when the compiler opens there is nothing to see, not even a blank template. I have searched the site for .nb files and there are none. I know that these controllers would have to have some programming for enthalpy, averages ect, but neither has a line of code in it. Maybe I am missing something obvious.

Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuziwanano View Post
    I am doing a retrofit on a small system that has (2) UHC300 m04's and (5) UHC302 m03's. BME's say system has never worked correctly from day one. Launched the BASIC plug-in from VI and LM but when the compiler opens there is nothing to see, not even a blank template. I have searched the site for .nb files and there are none. I know that these controllers would have to have some programming for enthalpy, averages ect, but neither has a line of code in it. Maybe I am missing something obvious.

Do you have the network database? That is where the Circon Basic program is stored. If you don't have it there is no way to suck it out of the device (unlike Distech programmables). You are probably better off to start from scratch anyway it sounds. Give me a PM with your contact info and I'll see what I can do to help since you're a local.
    Cheers,
    lb
    A hundred million nodes - it's a LON story.

LB, thanks for the reply. Apparently I do not have auth to use the PM feature?? My email is in my profile. I have looked in all of the site files that are there and there are no .nb or .nbi files that I could find. Should I not be looking for .nb files in the drawings folder?

LB, thanks for the reply. Apparently I do not have auth to use the PM feature?? My email is in my profile. I have looked in all of the site files that are there and there are no .nb or .nbi files that I could find. Should I not be looking for .nb files in the drawings folder?
    Well you could try to look but chances are the original programmer has the files. Any chance you could get ahold of them? I'll send ya an email with my contact info.
    cheers,
    lb

How did you determine if UHC-300 is m04 and m05 (m07 is the most current)?
    Do you have the database or did you commission the node(s)? If you have the database, use File|Revert to last saved to load workspace, which SHOULD be the latest code that was saved in the database. If not, this would be a good opportunity to get familliar with CBasic. It's not too bad.

I am able to open the site from Visual Integrator (their on site GUI) and Lonmaker without a problem. Can launch all plug-ins from both and can see all configuration properties and points without a problem. All Circon projects that I have seen in the past that had programmable controllers had .nb/.nbi files in the "drawings" folder and were able to open BASIC programs from the target controller. Perhaps the BASIC was never downloaded and I am barking up a tree with nothing in it. I am not too worried about having to write some BASIC to replace whats there (or not) but I would like to know if it was ever there and gain some understanding about how Circon "does their thing". Circon is out for the Holidays so no help there. I am obviously on the wrong end of the learning curve.

Hey There Cuz,

We work with Circon a lot. As far as I know the program files are not in the database, they are seperate files. The structure should look like C:\NI\DB\sitename\CBasic... and your '.nb' files should be in that directory.

CBasic must be licensed on the machine you are using. I usually access CBasic by opening Network Editor from VI, then executing the CB plugin on a programable controller. It is possible to name I/Os on a Circon programmable controller and get minimal configs withouta program so I guess it could be that here really is no program. You can also try Start>programs>Circon>Basic.

If you do get the plugin to open you ca certainly make any changes you wantto in a text editor and then compile and download from the plugin.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlG View Post
    We work with Circon a lot. As far as I know the program files are not in the database, they are seperate files. .
    Carl,
    The latest Circon Basic plug-in provides the ability to store the device program as a configuration property in the network database - it is an optional thing but a good idea to do. Yes you can also save as a separate file. Saving the program in the database is useful as it allows you to automatically include it in any backup.
    Just my 2cents,
    lb

lonboy is correct, the more recent Circon plug-ins store the BASIC source code in the LNS database. Unfortunately Cuz, this feature was not available at the time his database was created, judging by the fact that they used model 4 of the UHC300. So the source code won't be in the LNS database in this case.