Thread: Computrols

Question Computrols

I was looking for opinions on Computrols from people in the industry. My company is inquiring on becomming a dealer. Has any one ever sed this product? How is the reliability of the controllers? Would you consider it user, technician friendly? We have a lot of projects with advanced applications (chiller plants, etc.) Jst trying to find out what I am in store for if they choose this line.

VSD,

Put something in your profile about your experience, location etc. I have information to offer, but would like to know more about you.
    Local 30 New York, New York Operating Engineer

VSD,

I presently work for a company that represents Computrols in the New York area.

I am not a controls technician; however, I commission the projects upon completion.

Do to site rules and your present status the information I can offer is limited. I will tell you this, lots of good things going on there.

If you want to talk in detail, drop me an email and will go from there.

Regards
    Last edited by kdocsr05; 12-27-2009 at 11:16 AM. Reason: typo

Im just asking???????

But what site rules limits use from giving someone useful info about a product? I thought that is what a forum is all about...

What does his experience have to do with it????? Im just asking,, Im curious, man, love you long time ,, all right

VSD, I have 4 sites that have Computrol, I think it is a great product, especially for refigeration, the only beef I have is there triac boards need to be beefed up a little, we replace them often mainly because of the H.O.A. switches. Other than that it is a great product..

kdocsr05 Please take no offense to my questions, if you will. I just thought we were on this forum to help others, share info, and get smarter...

kdocsr05 : I understand your position and I will email you with further questions.

Deuce: First off , I wold like to compiment you on the nice striper in your pic! Do you happen to have exact GPS coordinates on where you caught it? J/K.....Have they lived up to the LIFETIME WARRANTY on the controllers you had to replace?

Im not sure, the customer with the computrol system is a nationwide company, they buy directly from computrol and send use the parts to install and check out.

As far as the striper goes, just a little south from you, off the VA coast, mouth of the Ches. Bay, Janurary, chart. 40oz mojo w/ a chart. trailer,,,, good times.

Burnt boards? Check your wiring detail; I think you will find a snubber is required on the output point when using the triac point configuration. HOA switches are no longer used on the hardware boards. The HOA is a function of a handheld device.

All hardware lifetime warranty

No offense Duce.

Regards

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by kdocsr05; 12-27-2009 at 07:09 PM. Reason: additional lines added

Good call on the snubbers!!! The outputs are isolated with idec relays. I have seen no snubbers on any of these sites.

It is the relay coil that requires the sunbber to protect the triac

We're a Computrols dealer and consider them to be our premier line of coontrols. They do and have honored the lifetime warranty with no questions asked. As for being user friendly, thats a subjective question. Between the three of us here we've probably worked with well over 50 brands of controls over the course of the last 25 years in the business. I can honestly say Computrols is my favorite and I think I can safely say the same for the people I work with.

I hope that helps.
    Stupidity should hurt!

VSD,

What product do you currently have?

I've had some JCI, Alerton and now Computrol experience and found that all three vary greatly in product cost, programming software, warranty, and making the best out of the box product.

Computrols seems to be a beefier product. Larger in size and most flexible in point configuration. However there is high cost assoc with these fleible products.