Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: frozen tundra

frozen tundra

of course roof hatch at one end of mall I'm headed to opposite end some snow drifts up to my waist, wind chill is 15 below... gonna be a long winter ugh
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    To err is human, to really screw things up takes a service manager

Is this the time of the year you bust out the dog sled to pack your stuff across the roof?
    I thinks she needs some "freeze-on"

Hey, at least you had a roof hatch

and of course you'll need something in your truck that you normally would have but you want to make a light trip.
    R2B4BTU

our mall has tight security..they have to know when u get there and unlock the roof hatch for u..keep your drivers license till u climb down. You MUST use the roof hatch, if u put a ladder up on the side of the building your Co. will no longer be allowed on the property. Its a large mall and i guess homeland security makes them implement these procedures...sucks because the number of parapet and fire wall dividers its almost imposable to use a cart....i feel for you man with that snow

I know what you mean there. All the malls here are owned by what I like to call simple simon properties. I try my best not to have to work there if I can get out of it . I'm really concerned I have to temporarily leave possession of my driver's license in the hands of people I would not trust with a bag of feces. I've been blessed I've not had to work in those places for at least a year. I could see them in possession of a zeroxed copy of an I.D.during a service visit but I never really seen a legal document that they are a law enforcement authority with police arrest powers. Like I say, Thank the good lord I don't have to deal with them.

Those are all good reasons why we don't do much commercial service. I'd change companies before I'd leave my driver's license with a shmuck who can't tie his own shoelaces. Rent-a-cop; half have a criminal record! They can put a chain on my truck so I can't go anywhere, that's fine. But they do NOT get my driver's license! And working on a rooftop in the frigid air is just nuts, IMO. There are too many better ways to make a living. Every facet of the business has it's plusses and minusses but I'm more comfortable in the residential side of things where at least 99% of the time we're in where there's no wind!
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

Amen brother.They are the only reason I wish I had a decent fake drivers license for their use only. The good thing is they would never catch on.

Watch those yellow pipes laying on the roof....lol.

Unfortunatly the people who sell the contracts or take the calls don't have to deal with that crap. As for hot on a 120 degree rooof or 15 below, I allways think back to a dispacher who told me as the snot was freezing on my mustache (It was your choice of careers, now get it done and get off the roof yaidjit").
    Damn phosgene

Quote Originally Posted by Trublshter View Post
    I know what you mean there. All the malls here are owned by what I like to call simple simon properties. I try my best not to have to work there if I can get out of it . I'm really concerned I have to temporarily leave possession of my driver's license in the hands of people I would not trust with a bag of feces. I've been blessed I've not had to work in those places for at least a year. I could see them in possession of a zeroxed copy of an I.D.during a service visit but I never really seen a legal document that they are a law enforcement authority with police arrest powers. Like I say, Thank the good lord I don't have to deal with them.
    I HATE mall cops. the Holyoke Mall was the worst.... hump all your stuff across the roof and have to go back to your truck and find a "parking ticket" for being at the loading dock. useless!!!!

You too, huh. Last 1 time I had to work at one of "simple simon properties" I was supposed to unload the van of stuff and ladders I needed from the loading dock where there was absolutely no space problem and park the van out to one of the designated spaces for contractors out on the outskirts of mall customer parking. The customer sh#t a brick for being billed 5 hours to do a 2 hour p.m. because of mall regulations which I clearly documented on the invoice but knew they failed to tell us about it before hand. Simple simon's in house a@@hats park anywhere they desire. Go figure.

Actually been there and DOne that there!! as well as CCmall. in the years past! that's why you keep a sled in the van

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast