Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tell the brother in law he owes you a new Dyson Animal now. That should cover you assisting him and him giving away your property.

yeah i had to teach an electrician how to check a 220 breaker that was dropping one leg of power. He kept checking each leg to ground and got 120 every time no problem. then i explaine to check them both together and wow nothing go freakin figure. So he goes and gets one out of the truck. the new one is completely covered in mud.

Quote Originally Posted by stick9 View Post
    yeah i had to teach an electrician how to check a 220 breaker that was dropping one leg of power. He kept checking each leg to ground and got 120 every time no problem. then i explaine to check them both together and wow nothing go freakin figure. So he goes and gets one out of the truck. the new one is completely covered in mud.

On a job last week when Sparky came up to me and said that we had an air handler down and he checked his wiring and he had power. He told me it was most likely a 5 amp fuse on my equipment. Pulled off the disconnect access and checked for power. Hmmmm, no 230 between the legs. 10/3 with ground, black hooked up, red hooked up, ground hooked up, wire nut on the white, touched the NCV meter to the white and beeeeeeeep. Hey jackass, did you hook black and white up in the panel? Uh, yeah why? Because you hooked up red and black in the unit.

I guess they don't teach electricians how to do a basic 3 point check these days!!

Guess this is the thread were we bad mouth electricians. I had one cut the wires to the blower and make his wire there. he was so proud I almost didn't rag him. I just asked how do you turn the blower off??

not all electrician. Just the dumb ones who hook both wires to one leg on a contactor and turn the disconnect on. welded the disconnect together.

know how to use your meter and use it

Quote Originally Posted by absoair View Post
    This guy must have been wearing sunglasses, a tie dye shirt and prolly had a lot of knowledge in hydroponics. That right there is hard to believe!

LMAO... Have been on quite a few jobs with these kind of electricians...

i can not beleive that someone would be that stupid to do something like that. WOW thats crazy
    If you can not do it right, Why even do it at all?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12