Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast

Thread: out of ideas

It might be interesting to measure the house juice leg to leg, each leg to Neutral, and then everything to ground.

There's something going on with the power delivered to the motor.
    God Bless our Veterans

God Bless the USA

I'm with Chris also. I said in my first post design parameters, that is the key. What is your motor RPM, I would like to run the hp calculation with a more accurate equation.
    Local 30 New York, New York Operating Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by CommtechinVA View Post
    He's offered you plenty of help, but you are ignoring it. What else can he do? Take his suggestions and take some readings. I've made a couple of suggestions in my other post. Give them a try.
    I am ignoring nothing, I read and consider every post. It has also been five days off since original post, so while this thread still advances, in the real world the motors have yet to be bench tested. I will post new info as soon as I get it but for now this thread has grown into a monster with all sorts of good ideas and suggestions but also some egos and a lot of defense, displayed in multiple links and podium posts useless as tits on a bull.

"my burden" as described, is not that at all, I have a problem yet to be solved. No lives lost, no frozen pipes, just a residential pool room. I was simply open to ideas and discussion, not trading insults.

Quote Originally Posted by fruecrue View Post
    I am ignoring nothing, I read and consider every post. It has also been five days off since original post, so while this thread still advances, in the real world the motors have yet to be bench tested. I will post new info as soon as I get it but for now this thread has grown into a monster with all sorts of good ideas and suggestions but also some egos and a lot of defense, displayed in multiple links and podium posts useless as tits on a bull.

"my burden" as described, is not that at all, I have a problem yet to be solved. No lives lost, no frozen pipes, just a residential pool room. I was simply open to ideas and discussion, not trading insults.
    Well put Fruecrue!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Randy S. View Post
    It might be interesting to measure the house juice leg to leg, each leg to Neutral, and then everything to ground.

There's something going on with the power delivered to the motor.
    I still believe this is where the problem lies. I will have to go to the main distribution panel to measure neutral, that is not present in the unit. I will be working elsewhere in the days to come, but will try to get my hands on those motors. I am eager to bench test any way I can. I will post this data if I get by there.

Hang in there fruecrue. No insults from this end. I found your post to be of interest, and hope you come to a solution soon.
    Local 30 New York, New York Operating Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by kdocsr05 View Post
    Hang in there fruecrue. No insults from this end. I found your post to be of interest, and hope you come to a solution soon.
    I didn't intend to imply that you were involved in any negative way. I appreciate your support.

oops

well here is where I am at with this. If chris some how believes there is something else going on, or information is missing, then I am all for him to be specific enough to state what it is. Instead of being a jerk, he could simply be a contribution here.

I still don't understand how a motor with no load on it, not even attached to the blower can run FLA. But I am all ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Dowadudda View Post
    If chris some how believes there is something else going on, or information is missing, then I am all for him to be specific enough to state what it is. Instead of being a jerk, he could simply be a contribution here.
    somehow the theory changes for him, maybe he is directly above the North magnetic pole

which causes all of his motors run FLA with no load

sorry chris, but you asked for it

you have had the chance to explain yourself, but you choose only to post a lame link for your explanation

remember were talking real world here

Quote Originally Posted by Airmechanical View Post
    somehow the theory changes for him, maybe he is directly above the North magnetic pole

which causes all of his motors run FLA with no load

sorry chris, but you asked for it

you have had the chance to explain yourself, but you choose only to post a lame link for your explanation

remember were talking real world here

The link which was provided does not address the problem described. And it seems at this point in this thread that Chris is just being a jerk now. And it surprises me. I do not recall him being this way before. Leadership is what I would expect. He is a service manager and most guys in that job can get very frustrated, especially the talented ones, cause they do have a wealth more knowledge than the guys working for them. And they get frustrated and then take a deep breath and understand the role of leadership.

This is not the case here it seems. I am disappointed.

I asked this question early on, Chris, and I'll ask it again - how can a motor with the proper voltage applied to it and no load on the motor draw FLA? I know that according to one of your posts (when coupled with your profile) you've been doing this since you were 12 years old or younger, so take it easy on me. I've only been in the industry for 33 years. And I agree with some others here that if you're going to be adamant about a point, you need to be able to explain it. Otherwise, it looks as if you're trying to convince folks that you know something when you actually don't.

So I ask the question again, no system specs involved, just the motor nameplate - how can a motor that is totally disconnected from any load other than it's own rotor draw FLA or greater if that motor has proper voltage applied and is mechanically sound?

Test with both a "wiggy" type and a DMM.

I've seen high impedance DMMs lie about voltage when a wiggy will find out if there is really a connection.

I remember one time on a pump station where my 39 dollar Knopp "wiggy" type tester showed a dead leg, while the utility company's DMM showed the dead leg to be hot. It was reading through a carbon track in a split bolt connection of copper to aluminum at the pole. This was a 240 volt three phase pump but the same thing could be happening at your location.
    God Bless our Veterans

God Bless the USA

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast