This is not the easiest topic to start introducing myself but i'll put in my 0,02€.

A motor with a run cap does indeed draw close or ever higher than nominal current even with no load. I have measured it myself and if you want to have it written check out the small print
http://www.kenworthproducts.co.uk/ac...01%20phase.pdf

It says
General information regarding single phase motors
Single Phase electric motors have a capacitor connected in series with the run winding,
therefore the motor is always drawing a constant current irrespective of mechanical load.
When the motor is not loaded (driving) this ‘residual’ current is dissipated in the form of
heat. Single Phase electric motors therefore should always be used at or near ‘full load’
so that the energy is converted into mechanical ‘work’ and not into heat
Why these motors shouldn't be used without load? Someone asked. For one thing, the capasitor. If the motor has no load, voltage at the cap can rise up to 1,5 times the line voltage. Thus destroying or at least shortening the caps life. And the heat aspect mentioned.

Now my thought about the high current. If nameplate current is 11 Amps @208-230V wouldn't it be higher @245? Plus what was said before about no load current. I think 12.6 Amps is not far from truth. Was the voltage measured at time of first install? My guess is that power company has done some improvements on the network and the voltage is now higher. I've had this happen ...here. And here the voltage changes are much smaller and still cause trouble at times. Tolerance is +6 -10% so 245 would be unacceptable. Getting even close to that is rare.

By the way. On which voltage they give nameplate amps? We don't have 208-230 markings here just 230V.