Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    i WOULD "NOT" use a toggle switch. Get a Thermostate with out door sensor and you get the temp outside when you want it to come on, and there are some that are custom that the unit has to run so long no matter what the temp is before the aux heat comes ok. Never turn something off or unplug this or that just do it right and never have to work about it again.
    If you can not do it right, Why even do it at all?

CPH is a variable in the PID loop equation (aka transfer equation) that resides in the stat memory. A PID equation is an equation that looks at the set point, how far from the setpoint you are, how fast you are moving toward or away from the set point and what is the state of the system trying to keep the set point, in this case what stage the system is at. The CPH adjust the agressiveness of the stat. But on these stats CPH doesn't really seem to do too much to increase of decrease the hysteresis at lease three engineers at (I was one of them) could not get this programed to the owners liking. He now has a blue one.

I have the White-rodgers (Emerson). My coworker and a couple of others have gone to this as well and I have installed on in my parents house. Instead of having to select something most people don't understand like CPH the WR stat lets you set the hysteresis (temperature swing). manual here I have mine set to the maximum energy saving which is max discomfort but I really don't notice any temp swings.

I'm going to try one of the recommendations:

#160 schedule options... is it safe to leave this as programmable if I have no set backs scheduled? Will having these as 1 and using a 1 or 2 degree set back at night and the below settings be incompatible? I currently have this set to 1 still but have no setbacks scheduled, its 68 24/7.

#220 1st stage compressor... Set this to "3" CPH

#230 2nd stage compressor... Set this to "2" CPH

#260 Aux heat... Set this to "3" CPH

#270 Emergency heat... Set this to "3" CPH

Will let you know how it responds...

Using a set back and electric resistance heat. often doesn't save any money.

With Adaptive recovery enabled. the stat will attempt to recover without using the more expensive resistance heat. It may or may not use it though.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I as under the impression my tstat supported adaptive recovery, but just not understanding what would cause aux heat to come on when internal temp is 68 and set to temp is 68... thought the geo would be able to handle a degree or two difference also.

You asked about using a 2 degree set back.
    Thats when it may or may not use aux.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123