Thread: Friedrich PTHP

Frown

MANAGING MULTIFAMILY APARTMENTS: replaced 6 GE zoneline with Friedrich's THC12K34STC's over a 2 yr period. When they started failing (from blower motors/pumps/controls) all the rest followed suit. Is Friedrich capable of mfg. a decent unit or am I unlucky...Authorized warranty is cancelling their contract and another authorized has made numerious re-repairs...Am now buying GE's but would appreciate any experience as I likely will pursue legal action.

friedrich is bottom of the line, they are cheap units and I have had many problems also, comes down to you get what you pay for. Stick to the GE

what he said!

Hmm Freidrich pthp problems

Freidrich Units that I have run across appear to be going thru compressor overloads like crazy 57 units 50 overload replacements . Started the first several months . My opionion is that the air is cava tating back into the condensewr area as there is no deflection for condenser discharge air. This will cause your head pressure to rise subsequemntly raising amperage . This will cause blown fuses, bad fans, and bad compressors. There is a recall on some friedrich PTACS due to fire hazards however my model PH15R5RB serial LBKP0000 not yet on recall list . They should paint them yellow if you find this of interest reply back to page I'll be watching.

These units are cheap and GE is better. However, you can make more money on repairs with the Freds.