+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Making the Transition.....

Post Likes
    .....from residential service tech. to commercial, industrial and refrigeration service tech.

So how many of you have made the switch?

I guess what I wanna know is if you found it hard, easy or whatever.

I was a residential service tech for 6 years but recently went to work for a company that does commercial, industrial and refrigeration and find it very frustrating. There is so much new stuff to learn that it sometimes seems almost impossible to learn it all. VAV's, Makeup air units, intellipaks, reheats and all of the other crazy things.

I guess one of the biggest problems is that I don't have any actual printed paper work for this stuff to kind of look over and study.

So how was it for you? Any suggestions and tips for helping me to understand this stuff is greatly appreciated.

Post Likes
    don't let the physical size scare you. the basic components to all refrigeration equip is the same. you have a condenser, evaporator, metering device, and compressor. while they may come in different sizes, shapes and configurations, their job remains the same. if you have a unit with no paperwork' look around, there may be a simular unit close by. if so check it for paper work.
    i wanted to put a picture here

Post Likes
    Starr; You poor bastard, only kidding. I did almost the same thing from refrigeration to commercial HVAC. Time and patience, look over the equipment throughly and don't be afraid to ask "stupid" questions. Take as many courses as possible and when you get the chance take the manual and walk the unit with it.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Post Likes
    : ha you poor bastard its not so easy on the other side you will learn eventually
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Post Likes
    This poor bastard say's thank's guy's I needed that!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in