Thread: Wishes

Wishes

To All My Democratic Friends:
    Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2010, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere . Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wish.

To My Republican Friends:
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year in the year of our Lord Jesus Christ 2010.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

What a mouth full, but a great big AMEN... to
    a
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year in the year of our Lord Jesus Christ 2010.
    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

Excellent Christmas wish Delta. I glad you were very PC to our misguided Democratic friends and wished us Americans a Merry Christmas and a Merry Christmas to you too. Thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Excellent Christmas wish Delta. I glad you were very PC to our misguided Democratic friends and wished us Americans a Merry Christmas and a Merry Christmas to you too. Thank you very much.
    Didn't realize that some of you might think me intelligent enough to put together that many bigs words back to back and at the same time making sense.

Nope, I didn't write it. I got it from an old DC friend in an Email today and thought I'd pass its humor and substance on.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.

But the act was very nice of you anyway.

Thanks Printer

Although this Email I received from an old friend I grew up with is more on the humor side then not -- the real part to this message is this:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year in the year of our Lord Jesus Christ 2010

No matter who you are, where you are or what belief system you have engaged, all of us in this world will soon find us reaching out for a body, soul and spirit that can lead us out of this mess we have put ourselves into.

I'm not sticking my finger next to my nose. And I'm not going to fit up a chimney, but to each and eveyone:

Merry Christmas!