H-10 leak detector

Will the h-10 leak detector detect r-410a, I have a newer mars that says it will but what about the older GE's etc?

I haven't tried it on 410, but I have used it on other HFCs like 134a and 404.

Works very well.

As far as I know, there is no real difference between the old model and the new models.

What manufacturer is best?

Quote Originally Posted by stone-cold99 View Post
    What manufacturer is best?
    Disclaimer prior to 'H10 story- I haven't looked at other detectors quite a while and things do change and improve and all..
    I've done this a few times over the years- bailing out a tech with bat' powered detector; Take both out to the hall, cal and settle them. Go back into the room, H10 goes nuts, other one does little or nothing.
    Re-cal > and progress.

many guys love h-10 leak detectors.I have 2 and have not had good luck with them.I personally like the D-Tek better.I have had better luck with the D-Dek than H-10.Some other people have better luck with the H-10.Guess it is personal success.They are both suppose to be good.What works best for you,is the one to use.

I had an H-10 that worked great on R-22 but missed some R-410 and R-404A leaks. Now I use a D-Tek, it works on everything.

anyone know anything about the leak detector thai fieldpiece has out.They make good electrical meters,but have not heard anything about how good their refrigerant leak detector is.

Quote Originally Posted by fxb80 View Post
    I had an H-10 that worked great on R-22 but missed some R-410 and R-404A leaks. Now I use a D-Tek, it works on everything.
    It will miss the HFCs on large leak setting, but will pick up R-22.

We have had to change out the sensors on all of our H-10s and with the new sensor, they are very sensitive to 410A and the other HFCs.

The is a H-10G, that will detect 134a. Ive owned a H-10g for 10years, a H-10 for 10 years before that. The only thing I have found that is more dependable, is a halide torch, but its only good for chlorinated refigerants. I owned on other leak detector, although I cant remember who made it(I remember it being yellow), would go off if the wind blew, someone farted in the next room, and always when there wasnt a leak...

Everyone,
    Here is a list of the common spares for that series detector. I have personally used this series for over 20 years! Just drop the # you need in GOOGLE and it will come up in a store close to you. Personally, I'd go for a full tune-up kit..........
    hvac59

H10G, H10PA and H10PM Accessories and Parts
    Part No. Description
    3015-0326 14" Flexible Probe
    3015-0638 Standard Probe Assembly
    3015-0486 Replacement Sensor
    3015-0784 Maintenance Kit
    3015-0864 Leak Reference Bottle
    3015-0641 Clear Probe Tip
    3015-0781 Tune-Up Kit
    3015-0680 Rubber Probe Tip

H-10 Leak Detector

I just got off the telephone with a man from Arnold Instuments in Mobile ,Alabama. They sell and repair many HVAC instruments.They sell And repair H-10 and d-tek.I was told that all H-10 regardless of age will pick up all refrigerants(including R410).However the newer ones will pick up better.On an older h-10 you can replace with a new sensor and it should work the same as a newer one.D-teks also work on all refrigerants.However,the newer the better.Makes sense to me.If anybody has any quetions about leak detectors you can call Arnold Instruments In mobile ,Alabama 1-251-478-3230.They really know these products well.They also repair many things.Meters(fluke and others)Reclaim machines,many things check them out.They ship all over the country.They may or may not be your choice,but i can say they have always repaired anything I sent to them very well.Depending on where you live,who you want to use .