Did the fat lady sing?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923

    Did the fat lady sing?

    What does this mean to the whole Socialized health care bill? http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091216/..._care_overhaul

    It sounds like the bill is dead, but there is a video of the president saying that passage of the health care bill is near. As usual, I am confused. Since the media reports contradict events in the news daily, I don't know whether to feel relieved or not.

    It is apparent that American Socialists are unhappy;
    The liberals' longtime dream of a government-run health care system for all died Wednesday in the Senate, but Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont vowed it will return when the realization dawns that private insurance companies "are no longer needed."

    Sanders, an independent and socialist......
    At least that much makes me feel better.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Winter Haven, FL
    Posts
    4,203
    It means victory for now....it will come back early next year..

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    It appears that the president was willing to sacrifice Democrats in the Senate as well as the House in the upcoming 2010 election in order to get socialized health care put through. I wonder if by it's not passing, those politicians who disregarded their constituents will have a chance at being re-elected.

    I hate having to take sides between Democrats and Republicans, because I like some on both sides and dislike others on both sides, but it looks like partisan politics are going to proceed throughout the Obama administration, at the least. I have never seen a president divide our nation more then President Obama has done in the short time he has been president.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,439
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    It appears that the president was willing to sacrifice Democrats in the Senate as well as the House in the upcoming 2010 election in order to get socialized health care put through. I wonder if by it's not passing, those politicians who disregarded their constituents will have a chance at being re-elected.

    I hate having to take sides between Democrats and Republicans, because I like some on both sides and dislike others on both sides, but it looks like partisan politics are going to proceed throughout the Obama administration, at the least. I have never seen a president divide our nation more then President Obama has done in the short time he has been president.
    Getting a little liberal or soft there robo. Yeah I knew some good Democrats back in the 60's and even into the 70's but then they all died off (Southern Democrats). Now all you got is liberals, socialists and commies in there. Most have seen the light and I hope the rest will. Check out the video. Thank you, thank you very much.

    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    I'm an old cowhand from the Rio Grande
    Posts
    17,089
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I have never seen a president divide our nation more then President Obama has done in the short time he has been president.
    Jeez, you just gotta do something about your short term memory loss.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

    Chapman Cohen

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Getting a little liberal or soft there robo. Yeah I knew some good Democrats back in the 60's and even into the 70's but then they all died off (Southern Democrats). Now all you got is liberals, socialists and commies in there. Most have seen the light and I hope the rest will. Check out the video. Thank you, thank you very much.

    I've never claimed not to be a little liberal. Life would be quite a dull disaster if everyone were only conservative thinking. I consider myself to be a Renaissance man, only not very talented in anything in the arts. This would be a sad world without liberal thought.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Nothing wrong with liberal thinking as long as it is done right.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Dothan, Al
    Posts
    3,453
    I'm a liberal thinker.............I'm always thinking about my libido

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Nothing wrong with liberal thinking as long as it is done right.
    You are not there yet
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    You are not there yet
    But still trying.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    9,929
    I like this AP article:

    http://apnews.myway.com/article/20091216/D9CKMPPG0.html

    Sanders, an independent and socialist, said his approach is the only one "which eliminates the hundreds of billions of dollars in waste, administrative costs, bureaucracy and profiteering that is engendered by the private insurance companies."

    Waste, administration costs, bureaucracy.... this is modus operindi of government and laughable as a comment!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Near Atlanta, GA.
    Posts
    14,488
    She ain't singing yet.

    The Dems plan on passing this thing Christmas day.

    Keep the pressure on.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Winter Haven, FL
    Posts
    4,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    I like this AP article:

    http://apnews.myway.com/article/20091216/D9CKMPPG0.html

    Sanders, an independent and socialist, said his approach is the only one "which eliminates the hundreds of billions of dollars in waste, administrative costs, bureaucracy and profiteering that is engendered by the private insurance companies."

    Waste, administration costs, bureaucracy.... this is modus operindi of government and laughable as a comment!

    Maybe they should take a trial run on something...like the Post Office...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event