Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2444 Washington Blvd, Suite 100 Ogden, UT

JCI Metasys Lab and Central Plant (LCP) Point List Needed

Does anyone have documentation on this device? One of our customers found one of these antiques on their N2 bus so I need to create a Device Type Template for our BACnet-N2 Router to define the point mapping for it.
    Steve Jones
    Managing Partner
    The S4 Group, Inc.

Thank you. I'll give that a try.
    Steve Jones
    Managing Partner
    The S4 Group, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_jci_guy View Post
    The original post was:
    JCI Metasys Lab and Central Plant (LCP) Point List Needed
    Does anyone have documentation on this device? One of our customers found one of these antiques on their N2 bus so I need to create a Device Type Template for our BACnet-N2 Router to define the point mapping for it.

--------------------

Thanks for the guidance but this does not provide enough detail. I need to find out what item numbers in the LCP / DC9100 memory map correspond to the Tag Names that this document references.
    Steve Jones
    Managing Partner
    The S4 Group, Inc.

What you probably need is info on the SX-9100 hand held programmer as the address locations were listed in that documentation. I haven't seen a SX-9100 in 18 years...

The DOS-based LCP programming tool did output a text file of parameters with a .gps extension. It is (remotely) possible the order of the parameters matches the order in memory. I'll e-mail you the default .gps file.
    UA LU 562

Quote Originally Posted by DaveCR View Post
    What you probably need is info on the SX-9100 hand held programmer as the address locations were listed in that documentation. I haven't seen a SX-9100 in 18 years...

The DOS-based LCP programming tool did output a text file of parameters with a .gps extension. It is (remotely) possible the order of the parameters matches the order in memory. I'll e-mail you the default .gps file.
    Thanks Dave. I'll take a look at this.
    Steve Jones
    Managing Partner
    The S4 Group, Inc.

steves4,

I have to find it but I believe I have hard copy of what you are looking for ,it has the PMxKxx numbers. I will find it next week and see if I can scan it to PDF for you.

They just re-did our Network/Server and I can scan it but I can't find it on the network. Dang, I hate computers !

The doc I have right here list the AI,BI,AO,BO, BD and ADF numbers with (1 example) ADF21, Tag Name "WSP5", "Working Setpoint Control Module 5" from the old Companion Tech manuals. What I think you are looking for is the Table that looks similar to a DX Point mapping table where it defines it even further as PM5K1, PM5K2 etc.

I tried breifly to locate it on the JCI web site. I think the stuff you need was included in the old FAN636.4 (Lit-6364001) circa 1995. Maybe you can find it with that info.

I'll email results/pdf when or if I find it.
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

All opinions expressed are my own. Any advice provided is based on personal experience, generally accepted fact or publicly available information. As such, it is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not a penny less !!

If people are cheap enough to still have these around....Do you really think its worth the R&D for you to do it? I mean they sucked when they were new.
    Are you really doing them a service in the long haul?

Kind of like being a crack dealer?

Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    If people are cheap enough to still have these around....Do you really think its worth the R&D for you to do it? I mean they sucked when they were new.
    Are you really doing them a service in the long haul?

Kind of like being a crack dealer?
    You know, sometimes you have to put your money and your efforts where your mouth leads you. We have been claiming that we support anything that sits on an N2 bus. So, we have to live up to that. The first time the customer wants to make any changes to their LCP they'll be ripping it out and replacing it with current technology.

The way we developed the S4 Open appliances all of the N2 sub-protocols are fully supported. That is N2 Open, VMA N2B, and System-91. Supporting this older device is just a matter of generating a new Device Type Template to define the point mapping. If that results in a happy customer and possibly some referrals then it was worth the effort.
    Steve Jones
    Managing Partner
    The S4 Group, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by cmakowk View Post
    Thanks for the tip but I need another level of detail below this information. Data points in the System-91 devices are physically stored as an array of items. The tag names provided in the point mapping tables are mnemonics that refer to these physical locations. This mapping between Tag name and physical item number is what I need to find.
    Steve Jones
    Managing Partner
    The S4 Group, Inc.

Maybe !

Steves4,

See if the attached is of any help. It is from a document labeled "Order # 636-094-e" dated 1992.

I may be able to find some more but it could take a while.

Cant you just contact JCI and ask them ? That my be a rhetorical (sp) question I know.

CCI (Controls Cause Insanity)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

All opinions expressed are my own. Any advice provided is based on personal experience, generally accepted fact or publicly available information. As such, it is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not a penny less !!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by CCIKelly View Post
    Steves4,

See if the attached is of any help. It is from a document labeled "Order # 636-094-e" dated 1992.

I may be able to find some more but it could take a while.

Cant you just contact JCI and ask them ? That my be a rhetorical (sp) question I know.

CCI (Controls Cause Insanity)
    Thank You. This appears to be exactly the information needed. By the way, sometimes sanity does prevail. Our integrator partner has convinced their customer that the prudent thing to do is to plan on replacing this old, OLD, controller sooner rather than later.
    Steve Jones
    Managing Partner
    The S4 Group, Inc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast