Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 36789101112131415161718192023 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    You know, I do not publicly fuss about their holidays, they need to respect mine... Just fair. Merry Christmas ARP folks... even the libs... Update on my Dad: He is resting in the hospital; staff says he is gonna need time... Should know by Thurs morning if he is out of the woods... Just thankful it did not go the other way.
    ga tech your Dad will be in our prayers.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Well we still have several regulars on ARP who have yet to post their mugs on here for some reason on another so I have been doing a little research to find their real pictures or as best as I can match so to speak with their personalities, etc. So allow me to give it a shot. First one I have attempted to find is printer. He is what you would call a good hearted liberal who actually believes in liberalism mistaken as he is and is not some flaming radical. I believe that this is him.

I am looking for some more so bear with me and as Arnold said "I'll be back". Thank you, thank you very much.

Here is another one. I believe this is coolwhip a true warrior for the "Fatherland"

Last edited by glennac; 12-29-2009 at 10:34 PM.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by crackertech View Post
    ga tech your Dad will be in our prayers.
    Update on my Dad,

I flew back to Atlanta on Christmas day, glad I flew before the airport security stuff hit... I read that they will slack it off a little after New Years.. hope so.

Dad was resting and his 'numbers' (numbers on specific scales related to specific organs) were improving. He still has fluid on his lungs (pneumonia), but the nurses said he was doing a lot better.

I may fly down there again after New Years... My gut says Dad may be ready to go see Mom. If that is his wish and I see that he is not delirious... well I think I need to honor it... Dad is not a guy that would do well in a wheelchair or a nursing home; and it is in his will to NOT allow him to live that way.

If it comes down to this, it is really a tuff decision to make. My Christian brothers and sisters; please pray for wisdom for me to hear and make wise decisions when I am there, THX!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Update on my Dad,

I flew back to Atlanta on Christmas day, glad I flew before the airport security stuff hit... I read that they will slack it off a little after New Years.. hope so.

Dad was resting and his 'numbers' (numbers on specific scales related to specific organs) were improving. He still has fluid on his lungs (pneumonia), but the nurses said he was doing a lot better.

I may fly down there again after New Years... My gut says Dad may be ready to go see Mom. If that is his wish and I see that he is not delirious... well I think I need to honor it... Dad is not a guy that would do well in a wheelchair or a nursing home; and it is in his will to NOT allow him to live that way.

If it comes down to this, it is really a tuff decision to make. My Christian brothers and sisters; please pray for wisdom for me to hear and make wise decisions when I am there, THX!
    went through the same type thing with my FIL about 3 years ago, when you see him in a "vegetative" state, things will become clearer, not so much easier, but.........

Good luck to you and your family, this is a tough thing to get through.
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Update on my Dad,

I know it must be hard on you John. I just hope he is comfortable and stays lucid most of the time. I lost my dad a few years back myself. Take care.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

THX guys!

Dad was on a breathing machine when I was there, and sedated... I have talked to him on the phone every day since last Saturday. I think he really wants to go home (across the Jordan, walk through the Pearly Gates, go see Mom, however you choose to say it). To say this is not an easy thing to contemplate is an understatement... but one has to honor other's wishes rather than be selfish.

I am not pushing my faith on anyone; however I believe that to love someone with true Biblical 'Agape' Love (coine greek word, language the New Testamant was written in, look it up) is to have their best interest at heart... I believe that is the basis from which I need to make a decision for Dad if I have to.

I hope to see him awake and visit for a while... then we can decide... If I think he is lucid and making a clear decision... I guess it is his choice and not really mine.

His doctors all say I should consider this... I talked to all 3 of them Monday.

Strange how this just happens all of a sudden...

THX for your support and continued prayers guys and ladies!

GA
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

THX guys!

Dad was on a breathing machine when I was there, and sedated... I have talked to him on the phone every day since last Saturday. I think he really wants to go home (across the Jordan, walk through the Pearly Gates, go see Mom, however you choose to say it). To say this is not an easy thing to contemplate is an understatement... but one has to honor other's wishes rather than be selfish.

I am not pushing my faith on anyone; however I believe that to love someone with true Biblical 'Agape' Love (coine greek word, language the New Testamant was written in, look it up) is to have their best interest at heart... I believe that is the basis from which I need to make a decision for Dad if I have to.

I hope to see him awake and visit for a while... then we can decide... If I think he is lucid and making a clear decision... I guess it is his choice and not really mine.

His doctors all say I should consider this... I talked to all 3 of them Monday.

Strange how this just happens all of a sudden...

THX for your support and continued prayers guys and ladies!

GA
    That is indeed a very tough thing to do. My dad had a massive stroke in Oct., '07. Among other things, he could not swallow. This would have required a feeding tube, diapers, and all the trimmings. And he was totally unconscious. He stated specifically that he wanted no tubes or diapers...just let him live on what God Himself provides. He said it is God's decision when our time is over. I struggled with his wishes for several days and finally asked a very good and trusted Christian friend and retired MD what his objective view is. He said my call was to see to it that my dad is comfortable. That's all. And he said he had been on a feeding tube and it was the most uncomfortable experience of his life. He never said another word and there was a pregnant silence. I finally said, "Thanks, Doc. You're a good friend." I talked to my mom and she said she had hoped I would come to the decision to remove the tube because it was not what my dad wanted. I cried like a baby for about 20 minutes. Sometimes the right decisions are the most difficult. But to try to keep him here was rooted in selfishness. To let him go was rooted in agape. He is at the mother of all parties right now.

Frankly...I'm jealous.

I wish you well, GA.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

No man wants to live like a baby, dependent on others for everything, when he knows he can go to be with Christ and have eternal life.

Without Christ they want to fight for every extra second, no matter how humiliating...

Went through the same thing with my Dad, that is why i have specific wording ojn my durable power of attorney in case im eve in that situation, it will be no ones decision but mine.
    No one ever just does what the person wanted them to do,and getting a straight answer from a doctor is next to impossible no adays.

I know you will do what is right, just hold on.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Thumbs up

Thank you Glenn...looks like one of the family photo albums.

Sie werden alle verbeugung vor dem Vaterland!
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Prayers from Mo. . We let mom go 20 years ago this saturday.
    Last edited by jpb2; 12-30-2009 at 03:14 PM.
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Me and some bragging!

What a great hunt! I have some great West Texas sunset pics I can post if approprate in this thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    "Dying aint much, its living thats hard." (Josey Whales)

Funny there CaptnJack, I was kinda thinking you'd have long hair, an ear ring and a pirates hat...maybe even a parrot...
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 36789101112131415161718192023 ... LastLast