Page 1 of 35 1234567811 ... LastLast

Globle Warming???

Can one of you Global Warming experts please explain to me how a ship gets caught in 13 miles of ice off the coast of Antarctica at the peak of the Antarctic summer with all the global warming that's suppose to be going on. Please include how it's also affecting the record lows across Canada recently.

Its seems that the ship was in 2 miles of ice then within a week it went to over 13 miles. Considering that we just had the shortest day of the year less than 2 weeks ago they would have had their longest day at the same time right. The actual peak follows that so like her it's July/August for our hottest weather. So wouldn't theirs be January/February?

Quote Originally Posted by kls-ccc View Post
    Can one of you Global Warming experts please explain to me how a ship gets caught in 13 miles of ice off the coast of Antarctica at the peak of the Antarctic summer with all the global warming that's suppose to be going on. Please include how it's also affecting the record lows across Canada recently.

Its seems that the ship was in 2 miles of ice then within a week it went to over 13 miles. Considering that we just had the shortest day of the year less than 2 weeks ago they would have had their longest day at the same time right. The actual peak follows that so like her it's July/August for our hottest weather. So wouldn't theirs be January/February?
    They can't there all progressives and logic is never on their side. Just one crusade after another to have government spend our money get us in dept instead of allowing us to live good decent lives and spend our own money for our own benefit. Thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

agree. Those are clear evidence of Global Cooling!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pepperidge View Post
    agree. Those are clear evidence of Global Cooling!!!
    Which is what I was taught growing up.

Global CLIMATE CHANGE or as I like to call it...THE WEATHER...changes on a daily basis depending on location some might be cold, others warm and others hot. It even rains once in awhile and also can get windy.
    Put that in your pipe and smoke it
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Weather is what is happening outside your window right now.

Scientific illiterates often making the mistake of comparing weather with global CLIMATE. Not even close to the same thing.

As a matter of fact, it is perfectly reasonable to have colder local weather while at the same time global temperatures increase. For one thing, weather is dependent on many factors. Here in the US the gulf stream, el nina, el nino, etc.

Global warming does change weather patterns. But that doesn't necessarily mean that local weather patterns are colder.

Read a book.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    Weather is what is happening outside your window right now.

Scientific illiterates often making the mistake of comparing weather with global CLIMATE. Not even close to the same thing.

As a matter of fact, it is perfectly reasonable to have colder local weather while at the same time global temperatures increase. For one thing, weather is dependent on many factors. Here in the US the gulf stream, el nina, el nino, etc.

Global warming does change weather patterns. But that doesn't necessarily mean that local weather patterns are colder.

Read a book.
    Sounds like you are reading the wrong books Scrooge. Read the correct books here. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

I do. That would be peer reviewed science.

One does not to read ANYTHING about global warming to get in the know.

The concepts of climate and weather have not changed since the advent of global warming.

Our planet has been warming and cooling for many years Glaciers come and they go. Sea levels rise and fall. I believe Al Gore had predicted the east coast should be under water by now. Alaska had a warm climate at one time and now is frozen tundra. There are signs of ice in the Sahara Desert Global climate change is a money making agenda, and Al Gore has made millions along with a bunch of other folks. It's no different than an infomercial. Create a problem. Create the solution to the problem. Sell the solution to the problem you created.

I do not believe that there is a solution to the problem, actually. If there ever was, it is too late now.

Besides, some of the "cures" that I've seen are worse than the disease.

However, my opinion on the matter changes exactly nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    I do not believe that there is a solution to the problem, actually. If there ever was, it is too late now.

Besides, some of the "cures" that I've seen are worse than the disease.

However, my opinion on the matter changes exactly nothing.
    Why is it a problem? The emissions from naturally occurring forest fires releases more crap into the environment, than any one man made emission. Then you have the occasional volcano eruption. Let nature take its course

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Why is it a problem? The emissions from naturally occurring forest fires releases more crap into the environment, than any one man made emission. Then you have the occasional volcano eruption. Let nature take its course
    Lot's of reasons. A couple of the major ones involve food production and trade.

Coastal communities will be among the largest affected. Even if the sea does not rise as much as predicted. That's because most of the excess heat is being stored in the ocean, which, in turn, affects the intensity of large storms. As coastal communities are continually wiped out, like what recently happened in Jersey or what happened in New Orleans a while back, it will become increasingly stupid to rebuild these communities in the face of facts. That, in turn, will affect international trade, particularly here in the Northeast with our main ports (New York and Boston for example) being major trade hubs that further extend to trucks and trains, both incoming and outgoing.

Food production might get easier in some places, but in several places where we grow it now there will be major droughts and so forth. Not only does that affect global food production, but it changes the balance of power between nations as we try to adapt. Canada might grow more, for example, but the US less. If you think that balances, you're wrong in many ways. That will shift jobs, existing transportation networks will become much less useful while new ones will need to be developed.

Logan airport is right on The Bay of Boston!

Many of those who argue base it on economic factors. Well... you ain't seen nothin' yet.

Icebergs in the coldest area on earth? Not exactly a surprise.

Record temps in Canada? Local weather is not global climate.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Sounds like you are reading the wrong books Scrooge. Read the correct books here. Thank you very much
    Could you please list the books we need to read?
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Page 1 of 35 1234567811 ... LastLast