Need used duct cleaning machine in Texas, or Houston area

I know where there is a good trailer mounted unit for sale.
    Much more powerfull than most of the units out there!

Call me! (928)300-0217 cell

It is located in Illinois.

Be careful of the trailer mount systems, often they are simply a portable gas vac and compressor mounted in a trailer with a small bag house and a hefty price tag.

No. It's not one of those cheesy machines! I personally used it and trained many how to use it correctly. The company that has it has down sized and no longer uses it. The machine is one of the strongest in the industry. It includes extra long tubing and all the assecories to do any residential or commercial job.
    Check out: http://www.pvtsystems.com/DS.htm

Contact me for more info: 928-300-0217

No offense, but that was the one that I was referring to. Their DS series has a 20HP gas vac and 5HP compressor mounted in a trailer with a small bag house and a hefty price tag.

They brought one down to show me a couple of years back. I wasn't impressed. Their setup wastes too much space in the trailer too. I bought Heat Seal's compact truck mount instead. Its 56HP Kubota diesel powers both the vac and a Champion 2-stage (225psi) compressor and it has plenty of air and vacuum for any job. There was only a few hundred dollars difference in price too.

I started out with a 20HP gas vac and an 8HP 2-stage compressor with a 30 gallon tank. A 20HP vac will work on larger jobs if you can get it close enough to minimize the amount of hose you use, but that's not likely to happen with a trailer mount. Their 5HP compressor will never be able to make enough air to keep up with the better cleaning tools that are on the market today either. I often had to wait for air with my 8HP. Buying the truck mount cut my average job time in half. Also you will be running two motors instead of one. My diesel uses half as much fuel as those two smaller gas motors did combined. You also have twice the maintenance with two motors and depending on the compressor pump used, you may have to buy some very expensive oem filters for it.

[Edited by options on 06-01-2004 at 07:19 PM]

No offense taken! However it is a good machine for a start up company. Especially since it is used. I have done some pretty good size jobs with this machine my self. It has much better power than any of those silly portables. I was wondering though... How well a diesle powered machine works in colder climates?

The machine for sale has all the needed tools. Air whips, brushes of all sizes, extra 12" hose, forward and reverse duct balls & wands. No job to big or small. And by the way..the 9 bags are very easy to clean.

I bought a bargain when I was starting out too and cleaned with it for 2 years before buying one that does a better job in half the time.

Diesel engines power trucks, ships and construction equipment in every cold climate region on Earth. Even McMurdo Station in the Antartica uses diesel caterpillar engines to power their generators. I'm just south of Pittsburgh, PA and this past winter was one of the coldest we've had in a long time. I never had a problem starting it or my diesel tractor. We live on a hill and the truck sits outside. The tractor is kept in an unheated garage and used to dig the truck out of the snow drifts from the night before.

My port. gas vac and compressor weren't nearly as reliable. In fact on cold mornings, my only hope of starting the compressor was to get the Kohler started first and run a 4" duct from its exhaust to the Honda engine and pump to warm them enough to get them to start.

There are a several things that I like better about Heat Seal's bag design. One is that they are never exposed to the weather. Another is that they hang from the top of their cabinet all of the time. Each also has a length of chain hanging loose inside that helps to dislodge any dirt remaining in them while you are driving down the road.

PVT's fan is a material handling fan and its design looks very similar to that used in portable gas vacs. I suspect the difference in performance you've noted is related to the 12" hose that you are using versus the 8" that normally comes with it. Debris does not pass thru the fan on mine.

Ron

[Edited by options on 06-02-2004 at 12:33 AM]

Cool Power-vacs for sale

Take a look at my post,forget about the small equiptment if your serious about POWER. Two for sale. Look me up

Pringle was a good vac at one time, but they went out of business last year. Some of their models were rust buckets. Check before buying.